New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi guys, Im new here in tsikot. I recently relocated from Albay to Laguna. Its a big change of scene since Im not so used to the traffic. But still after the 2 super duper typhoons hit us last year I think my relocation is worth it. One more thing Im getting used to is travel distance and time. Dati going to work is 10kms round trip which takes around 10 mins each way. Now its 50kms round and around 45 mins each way. Thats why I recently got a 2nd hand honda city so that I wouldnt have to use my Lynx RS too often. Saves me around 40% on fuel.

So guys. heres the problem. Gas is now P40 plus per liter and its doomed to go up. I would like us tsikoteers to open our cars to carpooling. I would like to start it.

I reside in San Pedro and drive to Dasma Cavite monday to friday at 8pm, then Dasma to San Pedro every tuesday to sat around 630am.

If you have relatives or friends that take this route at these times, please let me know so that we can just car pool. Pwede rin chip in na lang sa gas kung wala silang car.

What do you think? Sayang naman kasi yung mga SOV (Single occupancy vehicles) out there. At least you can save on gas, make new friends and share your precious rides. Hirap din kasi mag commute. Daming holdup.

More power to tsikot.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pag nagpa-carpool ka mas tataas ang fc mo

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    i agree.bibigat ang load mo.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC
    i agree.bibigat ang load mo.
    That's pretty much obvious. However, it's still way below the consumption when you have to make the trip in two vehicles or more.

A friend of mine do the morning school run, bringing my kids and his to school every school day. I take them home when I do the run in the afternoon. That's an instant 50% reduction* in fuel consumption/costs for the school run. And my kids get to ride on a Phaeton in the mornings ... It's a shame his kids have to come home on a rustbucket .

[SIZE=1]* An approximate. You may want to be anal and consider the added load.[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    Errr... but only by a bit. But that is far outweighed by the fact that you are saving on so much more gasoline (as illustrated by StraightSix).

In my case, we leave Bulacan with 5 pax on board and 4 pax going back. Here's a detailed illustration:

My daily trip is around 60km, using 8km/L = 7.5L * P40 = P300 gasoline

If we use two cars to complete our daily journey

Car 1 (me):
    60km, 9km/L = 6.66L * P40 = P266.67 gasoline

Car 2 (brother)
    50km, 9km/L = 5.55L * P40 = P222.22 gasoline

total gasoline expense = P488.88

not to mention that we will also pay double the toll fee (P76).

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    car pool is a good idea. but for the thread starter, you should have relocated closer to your work in Dasmarinas Cavite. there are many houses there that are comparable in cost and size as in laguna. but then again, if you already acquired that previously, then car pool is the alternative.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    before anything else, i heard/watch sa news on tv na ipag babawal ang carpooling. let me try to see if may online version nang news na yan. Interview yun sa ABS-CBN ung morning show ata or sa GMA7, can't remember. pero that was last 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by lm723; June 8th, 2007 at 09:36 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bumabawi na lang yata mga oil companies sa atin, di sila nakapagtaas during election period.

medyo nahihirapan na din ako maski pasig-greenhills lang ang viaje ng tsikot ko.
    P38.30/liter pa naman dito sa shaw blvd.
    nagdadalawang isip na rin ako sa LPG conversion.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    nagdadalawang isip na rin ako sa LPG conversion.

Current price of LPG is around P23/L. It has gone up a bit recently.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    almost 2 years na kami nagka carpool ng mga cousins ko, dati sa makati pa sila eh. ngayon puro ortigas nalang kami kaya lalong malaking tipid sa gas.

from sta. maria, bulacan to ortigas center and back, mga 250 daily nalang ang gas bill namin (300 para may allowance sa traffic). avanza 1.3 m/t ang gamit namin ngayon and usually 3-4 persons kami sa carpool.

dati naka AE101 GLi kami, at least 350 yung gas per day.

ang pinagtataka ko lang, 45 nalang ang dollar, pero mukang walang balak na bumaba pa yung gas prices. mukang tumataas pa nga eh.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
40 bucks for gas. Lets start carpooling