New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Fellow tsikot member's, Im newbie in this forum,hope you can help me to decide,what to choose between:

'07 Honda City 1.3 M/T and '07 Suzuki Swift 1.5DOHC A/T

Both cars definitely not flooded,smells like new. Oh before i forgot,both has same odometer count of 17,000+ KMS only

I use it as my daily driven car,Antipolo to ortigas.

Any inputs greatly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by code7 View Post
    Fellow tsikot member's, Im newbie in this forum,hope you can help me to decide,what to choose between:

Both cars definitely not flooded,smells like new. Oh before i forgot,both has same odometer count of 17,000+ KMS only

Swift for it's looks... FTW

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mschumacher View Post
    Swift for it's looks... FTW
    wow fast reply, ok ill wait others for their inputs too..

1 point for Swift
    0 point for City

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    It really depends on your needs sir. I suggest you can start off with the comparison of the 2 cars: pros and cons. Examples are sedan vs. hatch, A/T vs M/T, 1.3 vs 1.5.

Hintay tayo ng comments from tsikoters that could give their inputs on the performance of both cars para may idea ka on what to consider.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by code7 View Post

The practical choice is the 07 Honda City.

-bigger interior cabin for passengers
    -bigger space in the trunk
    -gets better fuel mileage (than the Swift)
    -better aftermarket support (if needed)
    -better casa service
    -easier to find spare parts in the future (when these cars get much older)

Honestly, the only thing going for the Swift is the Mini-Cooper look which is just a fad. The interior seating is cramp, especially for the rear. The cargo area is very small, barely enough for a week's worth of groceries for a single person. Fuel economy is average.

And Suzuki casa is not that high on the customer satisfaction list, in fact it is ranked very low. And parts (outside the casa) for the Swift is a big question mark. That is important if you plan to keep this car for more than just a couple of years.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Personally I'd pick the Swift. I could live with the utterly space-less car because I'm single and I don't have kids nor much cargo to lug around. Of course, during times that I need to bring friends and cargo, the car is useless. But for the most part, I think the Swift is ok. A little bigger than an i10, but none of the awkward proportions. Nowhere near the Jazz in terms of space, not even the Yaris/Mz2.

But the engine of the Swift is really, really preppy. And it's chassis is good.

But all this is moot if you need a car with even a bit of practicality. The Swift just has none. And as GH said, Suzuki isn't renowned for after-sales support.

Weigh your priorities, it's the best way to decide.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    between the two, sa City ako.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The practical choice is the 07 Honda City.

-bigger interior cabin for passengers
    -bigger space in the trunk
    -gets better fuel mileage (than the Swift)
    -better aftermarket support (if needed)
    -better casa service
    -easier to find spare parts in the future (when these cars get much older)

Honestly, the only thing going for the Swift is the Mini-Cooper look which is just a fad. The interior seating is cramp, especially for the rear. The cargo area is very small, barely enough for a week's worth of groceries for a single person. Fuel economy is average.

And Suzuki casa is not that high on the customer satisfaction list, in fact it is ranked very low. And parts (outside the casa) for the Swift is a big question mark. That is important if you plan to keep this car for more than just a couple of years.
    agree, +1 on this, im with the city on this comparison.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hmmm, I like how the Swift looks vs. the City... so Swift ako!

Sa parts availability, I think it shares some parts with the vios... Just check out the engine spec of the two... err maybe i'm wrong?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    City. You are buying a used car so automatically I can sense you value practicality... Cause if you don't you would have gone new...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Your help,greatly appreciated. (07 City vs 07 Swift)