New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Need to decide this week

For a female driver and being the first car: priorities are 1) safety 2) comfort 3) less hassle to maintain since im not that knowledgeable about cars and is fuel efficient 4) will not go out of style for the next 5 years and 5) better resale value

What i like:
    City VX- classy or kinda more premium feel interior, comfy and spacious seats, and looks bigger outside compare to jazz

Jazz VX- magic seats, has all the features except for side airbags like VSA, HSA AND ESS (i don't know if they're imortant) but really looks small outside e, di pa parang mabully sa bigger cars on the road? Hehe

Which is ok to drive any time of the day? More comfy and fun at the same time? Less noise?

Will use it mainly for work around the metro and once in a while out of town siguro.

Will appreciate your replies. TIA!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agent09 View Post
    Need to decide this week

For a female driver and being the first car: priorities are 1) safety 2) comfort 3) less hassle to maintain since im not that knowledgeable about cars and is fuel efficient 4) will not go out of style for the next 5 years and 5) better resale value

What i like:
    City VX- classy or kinda more premium feel interior, comfy and spacious seats, and looks bigger outside compare to jazz

Jazz VX- magic seats, has all the features except for side airbags like VSA, HSA AND ESS (i don't know if they're imortant) but really looks small outside e, di pa parang mabully sa bigger cars on the road? Hehe

Which is ok to drive any time of the day? More comfy and fun at the same time? Less noise?

Will use it mainly for work around the metro and once in a while out of town siguro.

Will appreciate your replies. TIA!
    why does the decision have to be "this week"?
    if in a hurry, don't.
    you're the ones with the money. take your time, po. do not fall prey to SA's veiled pressure salestalk..
    take time to do some research. mahirap isoli 'yan kung nabili na, and you decided later na hindi nyo gusto.
    what do i want? the one with the longer wheelbase, 'cause it's probably less matagtag.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 22nd, 2015 at 02:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    I choose the jazz over the city. I like the multiple seat configurations you can have with the jazz. The jazz also ages better than the city.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Yep. I could never put my finger on it but it is true. The jazz really does age better than the city because its so youthful and fun looking. Even the previous gen jazz still looks very nice.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Both cars are spacious inside but look small outside. The thing with subcompacts is that despite having the same length and more legroom than previous generation compacts, they're still narrow cars. Between the two, I'd get the City. The current Jazz has lost its cutesy appeal that the previous 2 generations had. Front is too busy while the rear looks like a minivan. The City looks like a cleaner version of the previous City and looks more timeless. If I wanted a cutesy subcompact, I'd get a Fiesta Ecoboost.

Personally though, if you want a car with a more respectable image, get an Altis G, which costs less than the Jazz once discounts are factored in.

The Altis also meets all 5 of your criteria. If it's your first and only car, why buy a subcompact when you can get a compact?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Yes i noticed that most jazz still looks good even up to now, but the previous gen jazz style is not that appealing to me and for most girls i think, i like it's new design, but i considered the jazz now mainly because of flexibility, next lang looks . But the new city is also irresistible kasi as i stated above.

I've considered fiesta ecoboost and altis g before narrowing them down to two. I actually like the overall design of it plus all the features it has than the jazz but not spacious like the jazz pero ok lng sakin, i considered getting it na but i heard so many horror stories about it esp the automatic one e i don't drive manual e, parang dami reliability issues so i removed it from my options. For the altis g, i also like the style and all except for the dashboard parang ang plain and ang tigas ng design for a girl than that of the city na parang more enjoyable and advance, but overall the altis is also nice for me. I can still consider it naman but those where the reasons that's why i came up with city and jazz

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Since you've already narrowed down your options to just these two, just pick whatever's more attractive to you. At the end of the day, it's your decision, your money.

The 2 cars are very similar and it's just a matter of taste and preference. The Jazz has the versatility of a hatchback, while the City has the benefit of a separate trunk. Ride comfort and passenger space are similar, resale value is slightly better for the Jazz (bec it's also more expensive), while looks are 100% subjective.

Take note that 99% of forumers here in Tsikot are guys, so our tastes and preferences might be different from yours. And besides, you shouldn't be basing your final decision on the recommendation of faceless forumers.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

if in a hurry, don't.
    Parang i sounded in a hurry nga masyado, not really. I just want to get it na sana kasi within the month pero di ata kakayanin talaga, last month ko pa pinagiisipan kasi. I like city now, then tom i like jazz and vice versa kaya i decided to get some help na.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

if in a hurry, don't.
    Parang i sounded in a hurry nga masyado, not really. I just want to get it na sana kasi within the month pero di ata kakayanin talaga, last month ko pa pinagiisipan kasi. I like city now, then tom i like jazz and vice versa kaya i decided to get some help na.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    TS have you tried driving the two already? If not then test drive first, maybe that will be the deciding factor....for me I choose jazz because of it's size. Cute eh hehehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I haven't had a car with a traditional trunk for more than 6 years. All my cars since have been crossovers, wagons, suvs, vans or hatchbacks. I never once missed having the utility of a trunk. In fact the hatchback style is much more useful on a daily basis for me. I don't see myself buying a sedan again.

The rear legroom of the jazz is amazing. Better than that of the new honda accord. And yes, that's a stated fact by honda themselves. The packaging is just a marvel of engineering and planning.

Drive wise the Jazz accelerates a smidgen faster and its easier to maneuver and park. Interior room and versatility there is no contest. The jazz wins hands down. I wouldn't even compare the interior to a fiesta..... the ford is so much smaller. I'm a particular fan of this car and have backed up my comments by being an owner of all three generations of the Jazz.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast