New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I haven't had a car with a traditional trunk for more than 6 years. All my cars since have been crossovers, wagons, suvs, vans or hatchbacks. I never once missed having the utility of a trunk. In fact the hatchback style is much more useful on a daily basis for me. I don't see myself buying a sedan again.

The rear legroom of the jazz is amazing. Better than that of the new honda accord. And yes, that's a stated fact by honda themselves. The packaging is just a marvel of engineering and planning.

Drive wise the Jazz accelerates a smidgen faster and its easier to maneuver and park. Interior room and versatility there is no contest. The jazz wins hands down. I wouldn't even compare the interior to a fiesta..... the ford is so much smaller. I'm a particular fan of this car and have backed up my comments by being an owner of all three generations of the Jazz.
    One of the reasons why we gave up our Jazz is that it did not have a cover for the luggage at the back...

And so,- a couple of laptops et al would always be a concern for wifey and myself, from office to mall/restaurant before going home.... (Our solution then was to cover them with blanket or car cover)

Now, they have it as a standard package.

So for me, and even if I currently own a City,- Jazz is it!

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.0K:poop:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Jazz is a more useful all-around hauler though the City will be a wise option for those who need a real trunk. They are just the same vehicle but with a different configuration.

Though with with the price of both cars about 900k already, I might as well go with an Altis 1.6G or Mazda3 1.5L.

However, if you want a zippy and great handling car, go with a Fiesta Ecoboost. The trunk has a cover but rear legroom is cramped. It's my daily drive. It's like a go-kart and scoots quickly when needed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Jazz is a more useful all-around hauler though the City will be a wise option for those who need a real trunk. They are just the same vehicle but with a different configuration.

Though with with the price of both cars about 900k already, I might as well go with an Altis 1.6G or Mazda3 1.5L.

However, if you want a zippy and great handling car, go with a Fiesta Ecoboost. The trunk has a cover but rear legroom is cramped. It's my daily drive. It's like a go-kart and scoots quickly when needed.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Cant beat the torque of an ecoboost fiesta though

Hp wise they are the same but the torque of the fiesta makes for more fun driving.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Hp wise they are the same but the torque of the fiesta makes for more fun driving.
    Honda's L15, on paper, makes around 120PS at 6600rpm and 145Nm at 4800rpm. Good luck though on peaking that tachometer at that rpm, unless you are able to go thru the 3 stages of i-VTEC in a hurry and reach the engine's max torque and power. Our 2009 City 1.5E feels slow and it takes a long time to reach its redline.

On Ford's 1.0L Ecoboost, it is rated at 125PS at 6000rpm and 170Nm at 1500-4500rpm with overboost (200Nm) at 5000rpm. You can redline that tachometer easily and the car just scoots.

Honda's L15, on paper, makes around 120PS at 6600rpm and 145Nm at 4800rpm. Good luck though on peaking that tachometer at that rpm, unless you are able to go thru the 3 stages of i-VTEC in a hurry and reach the engine's max torque and power. Our 2009 City 1.5E feels slow and it takes a long time to reach its redline.

On Ford's 1.0L Ecoboost, it is rated at 125PS at 6000rpm and 170Nm at 1500-4500rpm with overboost (200Nm) at 5000rpm. You can redline that tachometer easily and the car just scoots.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    hmm. . .Honda VX P 918,000. . .Mazda 3 1.5V hatchback P 968,000 less P 87,000 Yongin 3-year free PMS package equals P 881,000. . .

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    87,000 for 3 year maintenance is quite high. Not all are free with Yojin.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    hmm. . .Honda VX P 918,000. . .Mazda 3 1.5V hatchback P 968,000 less P 87,000 Yongin 3-year free PMS package equals P 881,000. . .

A better comparison might be deducing from the Mazda 3 1.5V price the actual expense of 3 year maintenance of a Honda VX (6 PMS = one PMS every 6mos/10K PMS whichever comes first).

May I ask sir where did you get the 87K PMS package. I doubt I will reach even half of that amount with my vios in 3 years assuming same oil will be used and similar parts are replaced in a casa.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    87,000 for 3 year maintenance is quite high. Not all are free with Yojin.
    Yup not all are free with Yojin. There is one tsikoteer who reported paying around P 2,000 on his 20k PMS. However it is basically for some oil and fuel additives.
    Mazda Alabang sent the inclusions below:

INCLUSIONS:
    1. Carpet Type Mazda floor matting;
    2. 3M tint;
    3. Standard set of tools;
    4. Leather case warranty booklet;
    5. Spare key;
    6. 1,000km or 1 month whichever comes first Periodic Maintenance Service = Php 948.00
    7. 10,000km or 6 months whichever comes first Periodic Maintenance Service = PhP 6,454.00
    8. 20,000km or 12 months whichever comes first Periodic Maintenance Service = Php14,873.00
    9. 30,000km or 18 months whichever comes first Periodic Maintenance Service = PhP 6,454.00
    10. 40,000km or 24 months whichever comes first Periodic Maintenance Service = Php21,103.00
    11. 50,000km or 30 months whichever comes first Periodic Maintenance Service = PhP22,869.00
    12. 60,000km or 36 months whichever comes first Periodic Maintenance Service = PhP14,873.00
    13. 3 years Emergency Roadside Assistance (ERA) with Concierge
    14. 3 years or 100,000km whichever comes first bumper to bumper warranty

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent09 View Post
    Parang i sounded in a hurry nga masyado, not really. I just want to get it na sana kasi within the month pero di ata kakayanin talaga, last month ko pa pinagiisipan kasi. I like city now, then tom i like jazz and vice versa kaya i decided to get some help na.
    As a family man, my vote goes to the Jazz because of utility. I just love those fold flat rear seats and the timeless look.
    1) safety - IIRC they have the same safety features, plus point maybe to the City due to the added safety that can be provided by the trunk during rear ending.
    2) comfort - this goes to the City
    3) less hassle to maintain since im not that knowledgeable about cars and is fuel efficient - practically the same since technically the Jazz is just a hatch version of the City. Regarding fuel efficiency, actual users say that Jazz is more fuel efficient.
    4) will not go out of style for the next 5 years and - Jazz
    5) better resale value - checking on online selling sites, Jazz wins here
    May I add na mas medaling I-park ang Jazz mapa reverse man o parallel. I know a female officemate na eto ang naging deciding factor nya.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    I was also looking at the Jazz and City last year and I ended up with the Jazz.

As with what some people said, I would suggest that you try them out, at least get inside the 2 and compare. Although they drive nearly the same (with the Jazz offering a more stiffer ride - probably because I tested the VX+ which comes with 16" wheels) the Jazz felt more spacious to me than the City. This probably has to do with the more rakish windshield that it has compared to the City. This made it look roomier to me. Not to mention that I really find the ULTR seats usefull (already used it to haul a lot of stuff when we moved).

I was also looking at the Jazz and City last year and I ended up with the Jazz.

As with what some people said, I would suggest that you try them out, at least get inside the 2 and compare. Although they drive nearly the same (with the Jazz offering a more stiffer ride - probably because I tested the VX+ which comes with 16" wheels) the Jazz felt more spacious to me than the City. This probably has to do with the more rakish windshield that it has compared to the City. This made it look roomier to me. Not to mention that I really find the ULTR seats usefull (already used it to haul a lot of stuff when we moved).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast