New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    paki differ nman po eto, anu ba sa tingin niyo ang matimbang?

yaris 1.5G AT or 1.5G AT vios

ps.> tska, anu bang mas advisable? bumili ng bago at new model o 2nd hand nlng at nde ganun kabago? kse sbi nila nakaw tingin daw pag bago e, nid ur suggestion thx

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Brand new or Secondhand, depends on the secondhand price. If the secondhand price (for a one year old with not so many kilometers on the clock) is much lower, go for it... but if it's still 90% of brand new price, think twice.

The Yaris is prettier, has nifty interior features and more comfortable rear seats. It's also a bit more nimble due to the shorter body and lighter weight. The Vios is more practical, since it has a full-sized trunk.

I prefer the Yaris.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    it's got the same engine .. if you need the space .. vios .. if you're worried about fuel .. yaris ..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yaris if you are still enjoying your "single blessedness".

Vios if your married with wifey sharing the car or with a small family.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i have not tried driving the yaris...

the vios is ok IMO.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    It all boils down to your tatse, on a personal level I prefer the Yaris only because I like its looks better. Esentially they are the same since the Vios is just the Yaris sedan.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Essentially the same, but there are slight differences in execution.

The doors and dashboard of the Yaris are different, more plastic on the doors (yuck), but more storage cubbies than the Vios. The Yaris has three gloveboxes, including one in front of the steering wheel. That's pretty damn useful if you ask me... ...and the aforementioned reclining rear seats.

It's those rear seats that make the Yaris a much different product from the Vios... as they increase the psychological space inside to a good extent. If you've got five people in the car, the smaller Yaris will feel much more comfortable than the bigger Vios, just because of this.

The one trump card the Vios has is trunk space. The trunk space of the Yaris is tiny in comparison, though there's a plastic parcel shelf for wet groceries, you're limited to around four grocery bags in the back or one and a half overnight bags. The Vios, on the other hand, can take enough stuff for a weekend trip.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go with the Yaris for this comparison...

It looks better (though it is more at home in the hands of a colegiala if you ask me), has acres of rear seat space, and is not as numerous as the Vios.

BUT - I have no love for Toyota's AT... it's too slow for me. If I were you, I'd just wait for the new Jazz to arrive.

bigbigcar.com Comparison: Hyunda Veracruz versus Mazda CX9

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go with the Yaris for this comparison...

It looks better (though it is more at home in the hands of a colegiala if you ask me), has acres of rear seat space, and is not as numerous as the Vios.

BUT - I have no love for Toyota's AT... it's too slow for me. If I were you, I'd just wait for the new Jazz to arrive.

bigbigcar.com Comparison: Hyunda Veracruz versus Mazda CX9

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Precisely... the rear seats on the Yaris are for the barkadas or work colleagues.

The trunk space of the Vios for wifey's groceries and stuffs....or the small children's things on those weekend trips.

Cheers.

yaris 1.5G AT or 1.5G AT vios