New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    to all your replies i really appreciate it. i guess i'll just wait on the esi and look at it. hopefully everything is ok. if may papaayos sana wag ung transmission... again, thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    100k na lang esi ngaun, mura na ah

sa'min nabenta last summer last year 220k

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    tranny's are an easy fix naman.. you wo'nt go more than 10k for a surplus unit.

My advice, be less critical with the engine/tranny.. pay more attention with the body, interior, suspension, electricals etc... these end up more expensive to fix. i'm not saying ok lang kahit masama engine, my point is... it's not worthit if the body is in terrible shape.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    V22 --- salamat sa mga payo... noted... :P cguro magsasanay nkong kumatok o kya dala nlng ako magnet. hirap dn tlga pag wala kng kakilalang mekaniko e... neway stay cool dudes! thanks for all your advices

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yudyin View Post
    V22 --- salamat sa mga payo... noted... :P cguro magsasanay nkong kumatok o kya dala nlng ako magnet. hirap dn tlga pag wala kng kakilalang mekaniko e... neway stay cool dudes! thanks for all your advices

ok yan.katukin mo yong buong body he he he.pag tunog sardinas pwede na pero pag tunog kahoy talo.pano nalang kung made of fiber yong body

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Errrr... napalitan na ba vital parts ng esi like alternator, shock, etc. it's pretty old. And pls. check the roof rusts-- the said weakness of the local esi. If everythings ok the esi is a good choice together ofcourse with the exalta..

The B14 exalta is the LAST GOOD locally assembled SENTRA for me. (Suddenly I feel like the urge to go back to the states all of a sudden, we still have a good sentra there kc esp. Se-Rs ). Anyways the B14 exalta has a proven quality and has the true VIP "bling bling" compact look. In this contest the sentra has the edge due to d wear and tear factor.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Try to test drive her Esi. By this time the Esi (2004?) should have been re-painted, or if not gagastos ka sa body repair/repainting plus yung mga papaliting major parts. IMHO 'not sure kung yung balance na 80k can cover all of that. One of my cars is a m/t civic '95 pero dami na ring napalitan - newly repainted and 'npalitan na rin ng jdm engine, though in the end madali lang s'yang pagandahin but it comes at a price.
    BTW sinasali na lang namin s'ya sa car shows!
    Nissan/Mazda: no comments...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go for the exalta, mas bang for the buck comapare sa esi ha and mas "modern" na ang loob ng exalta.....sobrang luma na ang esi...although it's a honda, nonetheless it's really old...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Dont bother with the lumang civic bro, maraming hidden problems na yan, matic pa. Exalta na lang. . .

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    +1... bargain na bargain na yang 2001 model exalta na yan, saan ka pa makakakuha ng 180k sa ibang models e.g. '99 honda sir 400k!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
which would you choose???