New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nissan resales are low because of what happened to their cars in the late 80's and early 90's. Their Stanza's and california's where practically falling apart. a Friend of mine had a stanza that kept having problems weekly. this gave nissan a bad rep that still haunts it till this day. that friend of mine still wouldn't buy a brand new nissan even if the quality of nissan has gone way way better.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the problem with new nissan cars today... especially the current sentra is the bland styling.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter
    How is the maintenance of your 850? Are parts more expensive compared to MB and BMW? What about parts availability? Are there reliable independent mechanics?

Would you still prefer the 850 over the Cefiro?
    Maintenance? The nearby gas station does that. hehehe. Just have to buy the filter from the dealer (~Php500.00). Luma din kasi MB namin (range '77-'87) so shadetree mechanic at DIY na din ang maintenance.

Parts are available from the dealer, online (may sticky sa www.volvospeed.com kung saan ok umorder ng parts). Locally, HABREC is the third-party part supplier and service provider for Volvos and other Euro sedans.

850 over Cefiro? Iba pa din kasi ang charm ng Euro sedan. Iba yung character at personality. Prolly 850 pa din since I have a Japanese daily driver already.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tingin ko hindi lang naman nissan cefiro nag-suffer ng ganyan, pati accord din. kung nun bnew, around 300k-400k pagitan ng civic & accord, pag 2nd hand na less than 100k na lang difference.

imho, it's not wise to buy bigger cars today. kung compact car ka, next upgrade should be compact SUV. sad to say yan ang mentality ng publiko.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Maybe if Nissan Philippines reverts to the US lineup and bring their cars here, there can be a twist in the market. US Nissans are so cool even a non-fan like me could buy one if given the chance.
    Very unlikely since the owner of NMPI is Yulon, making way for the Taiwan spec and parts. The JDM market version specs of the 1990s were much better then the 2000 and up Taiwan-spec versions in quality.

The cost of the 2.0 sedans like the old Accord and Cefiro cost ajust as much or even lower then the 1.6 sedans of the same year and fuel prices have a big factor to this.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    maybe daydreamin...kelan kaya ang bagsak ng presyo ng 350Z para makabile ako ng sportscar hehehe (really daydreamin)

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dapat ipasok nila dito yun nissan armada hehehe!!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark
    Cefiro user for more than a year. totoo na mura lang. best buy for me kasi mura na then sabihin na natin iba pa rin "dating" IMHO. tatay na tatay talaga dating. hehe. downside is GAS. potek. pero depende na rin sa apak sa gas. maintainance, so-so lang. dami naman parts sa banawe and may trusted mechanic ako dito batangas na pinag-aaralan na yung engine. engine power, hehe. sarap. isa pa, hirap pagandahin. duduguin ka sa paghahanap ng after-market parts. yun lang. so far, kuntento naman ako. share ko lang.
    1 liter of gasoline covers how much kilometers in your cefiro? (normal driving)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    usually mga 6 ata cefiro if im not mistaken

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our a/t Cefiro Elite did around 6.5 to 7 in the city... this was with an easy gas foot.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
WHY nissan cefiro WHY????