New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ok naman porma ng Outlander...pero it never really took of at least as much as the Xtrail did. Oh well the CRV and RAV4 is still the favorite. But it's really at the far loosing end....

May problema ba dito? bad word of mouth? Kung ok naman siya dapat by now medyo bumaba na resale value...

the evo genes of the airtrek/outlander doesent math up to the skyling genes of the xtrail...much more sa impreza genes of the forester...

ok naman, its such that ung outlander, parang bland ang feeling....well for me,ha...di mo maramdaman ang pagka-evo nya...unlike ang 2.5L xtrail..lalo na ang 2.5L-T forester!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The CR-V has its Honda badge and clever interior (picnic table, large floorspace, etc.)

The X-trail has its self healing fender, wash off cargo area, swiss army knife dashboard

The RAV4 has brand power and easily the most handsome interior in the market today. Aside from being one of the pioneers in the cute-ute segment.

The Outlander didn't really have anything special to offer in this crowded market. This coupled to Mitsubishis financial woes lately and lack of incentives and marketing drive on the part of dealers.

Otherwise, it was not a bad car. The 2.4 makes decent power. Transparent AWD operation, high capacity tubular roof rails, etc.

Btw, the Outlander belongs to the cute-ute (light duty) SUV market. [note title change]
    Last edited by OTEP; September 14th, 2006 at 09:01 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    like most of new Mitsubishis...a car impossible to hate but hard to love...

maybe a stigma brought by the plunging Mitsu quality, plus no MIVEC engine and high price sealed its last place in the local market.

i'd be happy to have one, but it wouldnt be my first choice.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    and btw, its not an AUV fyi....

its a compact SUV like the CRV, Tucson, Escape, Xtrail, RAV4, Sportage etc

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    like most of new Mitsubishis...a car impossible to hate but hard to love...
    I somewhat agree with this. overall, it's not a bad car. but the thing is, it didn't seem to be that special or different, save for perhaps the overall look. but still, i wouldn't plunk down the same dough for something perhaps with more value - like in our case, a relatively blander but powerful Mazda Tribute. i think mitsu's standing in the RPDM also played a role in the Outlander being "outlanded" by the competition.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like that, "a car impossible to hate but hard to love..." hehe...

I would've chosen the Grandis over it hehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    "a car impossible to hate but hard to love..."
    actually, its a line used by C/D to describe the Mitsubishi Diamante LS...

IMHO, i think it applies to most if not all Mitsubishi cars.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    each and every model in the mitsubishi line up have been trailing behind other brands. for the past few years, wala yatang mitsu car na nag top sa sales.

also, yung mga dealers ng mitsu, hindi aggressive sa marketing, may problema din sa after sales service.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Wala siyang dating eh, Unang tingin pa lang!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Why didn't the Outlander "outland" the other SUVs?