New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I wonder who is more fuel efficient, Honda City CVT 1.3 or Honda City 1.5 Vtec CVT? I have decided to buy either of the two model with fuel efficiency the only remaining criteria. I am not particulary concern about power but strictly on fuel economy alone. Any actual fuel consumption data from city CVT owners here? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Winer View Post
    I wonder who is more fuel efficient, Honda City CVT 1.3 or Honda City 1.5 Vtec CVT? I have decided to buy either of the two model with fuel efficiency the only remaining criteria. I am not particulary concern about power but strictly on fuel economy alone. Any actual fuel consumption data from city CVT owners here? Thanks.
    both are fuel effecient, but it still relly depends on how you drive.

our city 1.3 CVT can only reach 9km/L tops.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I thought the city is super tipid especially the CVT which many is saying even more fuel efficient than m/t. Granting you drive like hell, for a 1.3 liter honda city, 9 km/liter is still low as I expected. I thought the city is averaging no less that 12 km/liter.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    didn't the last winner of the fuel economy run use a city of jazz 1.5L ?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    didn't the last winner of the fuel economy run use a city of jazz 1.5L ?
    iyong sa petron? i think it was a 1.3 cvt bos

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    it depends on how you drive kse and 1.3 CVT is more fuel efficient than the 1.5 CVT Honda's. Tried and tested ko na to on my eco runs..from pagudpud to allen samar backtracking nabua town in bicol in just 1 full tank covering a distance of 1,390 kms..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    the recent winner in Petron XMC used stock 1.3 CVT Jazz..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1.3 is efficient. We did 23 km/l in the econo-run in regular Saturday traffic.

They're both fuel efficient, depending on your driving style. On the BRC trip where most of us got 8-10 km/l (including fast highway runs and dozens of laps), a friend in a 1.5 MT got 14 km/l.

You can expect 15-17 km/l on the highway in normal driving, 10-14 km/l in the city if you drive "econo-mode". If you're in super-tipid mode (1500-2000 rpm only, slow acceleration, low aircon) 20+++ is possible on either engine.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nice! ayos talaga tong 1.3 cvt jazz.

OT: *threadstarter; yung who po is para sa tao

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squatt3r View Post
    nice! ayos talaga tong 1.3 cvt jazz.

OT: *threadstarter; yung who po is para sa tao
    hehe..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast