New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Who among top car dealers have the best 1.8 series in the market today and why?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Best 1.8L compact I can think of is the Elantra. Its currently the newest in the bunch, has good looking yet unconventional looks, and has the performance and efficiency to back the looks. Sure the FD Civic is still among the greatest out there but the new one's coming soon, there are droves of these on the streets and the ride is slightly harsh. However, the 1.8L Lancer EX is said to be coming soon and we'll have to see about this one.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    More inputs/feedback please. I'm planning to replace my 1996 Nissan Sentra SIII with the best 1.8L in its class.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by real_renz View Post
    More inputs/feedback please. I'm planning to replace my 1996 Nissan Sentra SIII with the best 1.8L in its class.
    Definitely the Elantra.

2012 Civic vs 2011 Cruze vs 2011 Elantra

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Thanks. this will definitely have me select the best 1.8L

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    chief with your limited selection, IMO..
    1) 2012 Civic ( in terms of performance, resale value and quality they've always been on the A list)
    2) 2012 Elantra ( never tried one though, but if you're the type who goes for the looks and reviews! plus Hyundai has gone a long way in proving they are a car company to reckon with not just today, but in the years to come as well)
    3) 2012 Focus (where Elantra fails then this is an alternative for that closely out of the edge looks!)

All the best on choosing the best car for you!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Elantra just won the North American Car of the Year award.

Hyundai Elantra is 'Car of the Year'

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You can also check the Grand Livina. I read in some reviews it is fast. Topgear should make a comparo of all cars in this segment.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I'll go with the Elantra for modern stylish look. For the safe side, I'll go with Altis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Who among top car dealers have the best 1.8 series in the market today