Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Ford Expedition 5.4L 300HP 6AT, its slightly over budget at around P3.3M
    Its actually an 8 seater
    0-100 in about 8.5

Im not so sure but I believe a V6 Prado is P2.9M
    275HP, dunno 0-100

If you are willing to go used I'd recommend a 3-4 year old Land Cruiser LC200

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    How about Subaru Tribeca http://www.motorimage.net/PH/buying/.../pricelist.pdf

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    i'm pretty sure the explorer sport isn't available in our country yet. both the cx-9 and explorer are just 5 + 2 seater not a full sized 7 seater suv. but for under 3M they are the best choice available in our market.
    i just included it. I don't know if gray market importers have them. And if they do, will it be less than 3m?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by larry0609 View Post
    How about Subaru Tribeca http://www.motorimage.net/PH/buying/.../pricelist.pdf

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    i'm a big subaru fan and owned 4 subarus already but would never recommend the tribeca.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    i just included it. I don't know if gray market importers have them. And if they do, will it be less than 3m?
    i haven't seen one for sale in the grey market and i'm sure it wont be below 3m.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Love the V6 hum of the CX9 on highways! So sweet!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Guys, don't confuse 0-60 times with 0-100. Many websites use the two interchangeably, but there's a world of difference. 0-100 km/h times (0-62 mph) are often half-a-second or more slower than 0-60 mph times.

Ford Explorer Limited 3.5 = 7.5-8 sec

Ford Explorer Sport 3.5 Ecoboost = 6.2-6.7sec
    0-60 mph, siguro. 0-100 km/h (0-62), the Explorer V6 limited sits at around eight and a half. We don't have the sport here.

I've driven the Pajero V6. No contest. It won't keep up.

The Sorento/Santa Fe twins are quick, especially in FWD. The FWD can almost match the Explorer Ecoboost to 100... ALMOST. But they're all slower than the V6s.

Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Ford Expedition 5.4L 300HP 6AT, its slightly over budget at around P3.3M
    Its actually an 8 seater
    0-100 in about 8.5

Im not so sure but I believe a V6 Prado is P2.9M
    275HP, dunno 0-100

If you are willing to go used I'd recommend a 3-4 year old Land Cruiser LC200
    The Expedition is powerful, but it's a whale. Quoted 0-60 time is actually 9 seconds. If I recall from the last time I drove it, 0-100 km/h times are about 9.5. The Explorer V6 is hella faster. The LCs are even slower.

The CX-9 3.7 FWD will be the quickest you can get. The AWD CX-9 was about as quick as the Explorer when I tested it (0-100, don't recall... it was listed on the bigbigcar website... but it was under 9 seconds) Expect it to do the dirty in just over 8 seconds. And it sounds great. And it handles better than any other 7-seater out there under 3m.

And the CX-9 FWD costs under 2m. Big performance bargain, right there.
    Last edited by niky; January 19th, 2014 at 02:59 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    OT question: Is the Alphard V6 faster than any of those mentioned? For example like the Explorer V6?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    OT question: Is the Alphard V6 faster than any of those mentioned? For example like the Explorer V6?
    If I recall, same range as Explorer. 8.8 with two on board. Should be close to 8.5 with driver only. Odyssey is much slower because it's heavier.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Guys, don't confuse 0-60 times with 0-100. Many websites use the two interchangeably, but there's a world of difference. 0-100 km/h times (0-62 mph) are often half-a-second or more slower than 0-60 mph times.

0-60 mph, siguro. 0-100 km/h (0-62), the Explorer V6 limited sits at around eight and a half. We don't have the sport here.

I've driven the Pajero V6. No contest. It won't keep up.

The Sorento/Santa Fe twins are quick, especially in FWD. The FWD can almost match the Explorer Ecoboost to 100... ALMOST. But they're all slower than the V6s.

The Expedition is powerful, but it's a whale. Quoted 0-60 time is actually 9 seconds. If I recall from the last time I drove it, 0-100 km/h times are about 9.5. The Explorer V6 is hella faster. The LCs are even slower.

The CX-9 3.7 FWD will be the quickest you can get. The AWD CX-9 was about as quick as the Explorer when I tested it (0-100, don't recall... it was listed on the bigbigcar website... but it was under 9 seconds) Expect it to do the dirty in just over 8 seconds. And it sounds great. And it handles better than any other 7-seater out there under 3m.

And the CX-9 FWD costs under 2m. Big performance bargain, right there.

Thanks niky. Very comprehensive comparison. This confirms earlier info I gathered when I was looking for the answer to this question, but you put them together nicely.

CX9 FWD is the fastest 7-seater SUV there is under P3M, in fact slightly under P2M.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *niky - How does the Pilot match up with its competitors? That V6 in it is good enough in performance inside the Accord but not sure how it performs on a Pilot.

+1 on the CX9 FWD. It's a bargain for its price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast