New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi im also looking for a car with limited budget only... My ready money for DP is 400k and only considering 2years to pay the remaining balance. I dont want to be attached to any monthly bill for more than 2years. Gusto ko lang bilhin is sedan/hatch worth 700k. I need a car for going to work, only concern is safety feature, FC and maintenance expenses(PMS). But the models below does not come with safety features. Please help. Thanks

Honda City 1.3A MT (691K) <----- May airbag ba to? Or rather get 1.3 S MT.
    Hyundai Accent 1.4L GL M/T (588K)
    Ford Fiesta 4Dr 1.4L Trend MT (685k) Still thinking though because of the leg room in the rear seat
    Jazz 1.3 S MT (742k) <--- If i would go 700k up

Questions:
    Can i upgrade this cars later on, like adding airbag, keyless entry, alarm?
    Which is cheaper in maintenance?
    What car will you suggest if you have 400k for DP?
    Is it cheaper to get higher variants or buy the lowest variants and just upgrade it later on?

Honda City 1.3A MT
    No keyless
    No Airbag (Not sure)
    w/ ABS
    w/ immobilizer
    No alarm i think

Hyundai Accent 1.4L GL M/T
    No Airbag
    No ABS
    No Keyless Entry
    No alarm i think

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have you checked the mazda 2 1.5 m/t? currently driving one and very much satisfied..meron din 685k ata. 1.3l engine either sedan or hatch.

725k srp

zippy engine
    currently doing around 12km/l pure city
    curvy and stylish exterior
    bland interior but durable materials
    was one of the lucky few to get the 3 year worry free PMS promo (free labor charge, i only have to pay for the parts)
    dual airbags, abs and ebd

anyways, sa choices mo, i think the hyundai accent will be cheaper to maintain.

we have a getz and you wont believe how cheap OEM parts are outside the casa.

re: upgrading on safety features, medyo malabo sa casa or if pwede man, it will be very expensive.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    mag-accent ka na lang mura lang pakabit sa Banawe ng alarm saka actuators di ka pa gagastos ng 3k

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Accent na Hatch. ^^

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    today, if I have 400k as downpayment, I'll get a VIOS J for practicality. Common ito pero ano ba importante sayo? yung image na taxi ito or yung peace of mind and wallet mo? E is good pero with its rims, bibili na lang ako ng aftermarket mags, mas maganda pa.

Another is the Lancer 1.6 GLX. Though luma na model, tignan mo na lang ang spec and features. FC-wise, talo siya sa lahat pero siya lang ang 1.6 under that price range. (fc is around 9-11 in city driving.) maintenance wise, mas mahal ng unti since this is a compact sedan.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thanks sa mga response and infos. Now i got another dilemma, my wifey now asking to get Automatic para daw magamit din nya.. Kaso A/T prices are around 720k up.. Now i dont have the option to go M/T, even i prefer it more.. I guess i will end up choosing for Honda Jazz 1.5 A/T. I guess now i need to do some more readings again regarding A/T cars and prices.. Now my DP is only be now 50%.. Thanks for the help

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mazda2 1.5AT. Economy similar to a Toyota 1.5AT... driving fun and pep better than a Honda Jazz. And it's absolute bat**** fun to drive.

But seriously, the Honda Jazz is a great car... still has a lot to offer versus the competition... still has the best passenger and cargo room, competitive interior materials and good looks.

Only issue is the 1.3AT combo is kind of poor... fuel economy in traffic isn't much different from the 1.5s, and on the highway, the gearing is too long to maintain a good cruising speed while keeping things economical.

Aside from that, it's the most practical car you can get, and isn't much less fun than a Mazda2 or a Fiesta.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Kung entry level car & new design I wait for the new accent sedan. Sa 808K srp of 1.6 Blue cheaper siya compared to city 1.5E and you also get the safety features you want. 4 spd A/T (same as MZ2 I think) siya but if city driving lang madalas I don't see any problem with this.
    Last edited by weisshorn; January 26th, 2011 at 05:20 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tradewind26 View Post
    Thanks sa mga response and infos. Now i got another dilemma, my wifey now asking to get Automatic para daw magamit din nya.. Kaso A/T prices are around 720k up.. Now i dont have the option to go M/T, even i prefer it more.. I guess i will end up choosing for Honda Jazz 1.5 A/T. I guess now i need to do some more readings again regarding A/T cars and prices.. Now my DP is only be now 50%.. Thanks for the help
    wise move naman tlaga sa panahon ngaun to always get A/T. M/T dami nasisira dyan saka pinapalitan kasi nga may human error component

while A/T, fluid lang yan most of the time.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tradewind26 View Post
    You dont have to dread the Honda Jazz 1.5L too much. It is a good car with spacious interior and nice external styling. It is good value for money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What will you buy if you have 400k DP