New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    hello! I'm knda new here and em dying to buy a new car. i own a honda cr -v 2003 2x4. and i em planning to buy a new car that is more spacious, looks like a big boy car might be sporty but the important thing is its SPACIOUS, COMFORTABLE, GOOD SOUNDS (stereo, 'coz i like music), GOOD ENGINE, FUEL EFFICIENT, AND MOST ESPECIALLY TALL (not like my honda cr -v).. and a good value for my money.. pls help! thx!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kikay17 View Post
    hello! I'm knda new here and em dying to buy a new car. i own a honda cr -v 2003 2x4. and i em planning to buy a new car that is more spacious, looks like a big boy car might be sporty but the important thing is its SPACIOUS, COMFORTABLE, GOOD SOUNDS (stereo, 'coz i like music), GOOD ENGINE, FUEL EFFICIENT, AND MOST ESPECIALLY TALL (not like my honda cr -v).. and a good value for my money.. pls help! thx!

4x4 or 4x2?
    Space... I think both of them are spacious
    Comfort.... obviously monty has the comfy ride
    Good sounds... alterra, love the entertainment package
    Engine.... mitsubishi, more hp and torque
    FC... nothing beats Isuzu
    I think they are both tall...but value for the money, I'll pick the montero sport...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I can't speak for the Montero Sport, I've never driven one. I've driven an Alterra though.

Pros:
    + Very plush ride
    + Even with a manual gearbox, it's easy to drive
    + Relatively easy to maneuver, as it's not all that wide
    + Good torque
    + Comfy seats
    + Nice gauges!

Cons:
    - The looks haven't aged well
    - If you're an enthusiast driver, forget having fun behind the wheel - better to relax
    - It's long...very long
    - Entertainment system isn't idiot-proof - you'll have to really learn it
    - Seats lack lateral support

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by arbe View Post
    4x4 or 4x2?
    Space... I think both of them are spacious
    Comfort.... obviously monty has the comfy ride
    Good sounds... alterra, love the entertainment package
    Engine.... mitsubishi, more hp and torque
    FC... nothing beats Isuzu
    I think they are both tall...but value for the money, I'll pick the montero sport...
    ahehehe.. 4x2 nga po.. ehehehe.. i see.. hhmmm... ur giving thoughts.. ehehehe.. but not ko nman lyk mgsisi sa bndang huli.. but i'll pm wats my choice..

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I can't speak for the Montero Sport, I've never driven one. I've driven an Alterra though.

Pros:
    + Very plush ride
    + Even with a manual gearbox, it's easy to drive
    + Relatively easy to maneuver, as it's not all that wide
    + Good torque
    + Comfy seats
    + Nice gauges!

Cons:
    - The looks haven't aged well
    - If you're an enthusiast driver, forget having fun behind the wheel - better to relax
    - It's long...very long
    - Entertainment system isn't idiot-proof - you'll have to really learn it
    - Seats lack lateral support

ahuhuhu.. i really want to compare the 2.. but i havn't seen monty yet on the inside even alty, only thru pix.. huhuhuhu.. thx po!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    double post
    Last edited by aejhayl17; June 2nd, 2010 at 01:24 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    just a very short perspective of mine on the looks.

cons for the alterra:

no offense for alterra owners, talagang mukhang karo. imho i wouldnt get one because of its style. old and freaky. but i think its more durable against the monty. medyo natitigasan kase ako sa kaha ng alterra. but due to its design, its a for me.

my two cents.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Top Gear tested the Montero Sport and Alterra against each other (with the Ford Everest acting as a third wheel) last April. The brief of the test was "which of these three SUVs is the best election campaign support vehicle?"

My only impressions of the Montero Sport are written in that test. It seems to be firmer-damped and harder-sprung than the Alterra, and will appeal to people who drive themselves because it has better body control. It's more aftermarket-friendly too if that's your kind of thing.

The Alterra, by comparison, is a boat - and I can attest to that. Hustle it and prepare to be greeted by a lot of body wallowing. I drive a Jazz on a daily basis, and the Honda's stiff suspension and quick responses are fun, but can get tiring on very long journeys. The Alterra is its antithesis. It's no fun as a driver, no thanks to bad body control and dull responses, but it will definitely eat up the highway kilometers in comfort. The only problem would be how to stay awake :p

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Do note... while it's stiffer than the Alterra, the Montero Sport is not stiff, per se. In fact, it's nice and soft compared to the likes of the Ford Everest and old Fortuner... took one out to Clark, and despite the ultra-long drive (and the short off-roading trip we did while there), I felt fresh at the end of the day.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i have a montero....at twice pa lang ako nakasakay sa alterra

riding comfort - alterra, lalo na sa long trips
    space sa loob - alterra
    FC - alterra
    LOOKS - syempre montero hehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
what are the pros and cons of montero sport and isuzu alterra????