New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Both the current generation Strada and Hilux have earn this monicker. How? And between the 2 which is BETTER given the DEFINITION?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^others say it's pang "porma"

but i guess lifestyle pickup goes beyond that. it has character. a distinct choice of people who have good taste and practical. for people who wanna get the optimum value for their money. pickup always reminds me of the harvest time and the construction of a new house. pang porma na pang karga pa.

OT: being an isuzu fan, i'm saving up for a dmax.
    Last edited by ab_initio; March 2nd, 2009 at 01:31 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nah... the Strada is about the only pickup in the segment that can be called "lifestyle". The Hilux is too stiff and too rugged to qualify.

A "lifestyle" pickup is one used more for leisure than work. In other words, it doesn't have the suspension of a cargo truck to carry large loads, giving it a softer ride... it has a warm, inviting interior, and it looks good.

The Navara is halfway there... it doesn't have the ground clearance of the more "off-roadable" pickups, but it has a more sorted highway ride.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    A "lifestyle" pickup is one used more for leisure than work. In other words, it doesn't have the suspension of a cargo truck to carry large loads, giving it a softer ride... it has a warm, inviting interior, and it looks good.
    Ummh...so essentially it is a crossover with a cargo bed.

I'm beginning to understand it is a euphemism for the "softening" for the once-tough pickup category. Pati pala sasakyan meron ng "metro***ual".

BTW, it was motioncars.com that called the Hilux as "lifestyle-oriented pickup" and the Strada as "a family vehicle and no longer a workhorse".

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    ano kayang "lifestyle" yan, old school lifestyle or D.I.Y lifestyle

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Here the term generally means someone with an active lifestyle. They need the pick up bed to carry their equipment for their activities such as mountain biking, surfing , kayaking, hiking, and other sport activities. Trucks used for working are termed work trucks and have less need for other luxuries that are currently in most pick ups sold.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Here the term generally means someone with an active lifestyle. They need the pick up bed to carry their equipment for their activities such as mountain biking, surfing , kayaking, hiking, and other sport activities. Trucks used for working are termed work trucks and have less need for other luxuries that are currently in most pick ups sold.
    or someone with extra moolah ... where they can afford to buy a truck with out really needing it for business or any activity ... maybe just to dress it up and have it as a daily driver..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    IMO simply said, the pickup is now for your "lifestyle" not "livelihood". dati kasi pagsinabing pickup, utilitarian ang purpose. no nonsense hauling vehicle. ngayon ang pickup pangkarga ng mountain bike, surfboard, camping equipment, gardening stuff, aso, etc.

kaya siguro nissan still sells the frontier bravado based on the old body kasi may mga bumibili pa nito for business needs. yung navara pang lifestyle na lang.
    Last edited by coiter; March 3rd, 2009 at 09:13 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    lifestyle pickup for me is a pick up with the closest ride to a sedan, silent and powerful engine, roomy interior and elegant looking.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paranoia Lifestyle.

always have to check the rearview if somewants wants to steal your stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What does "lifestyle pickup" exactly mean?