New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Im planning to buy a used car next week. Which of these candidates ang pipiliin mo?

[SIZE=4]Civic 1.8 M/T 06 or 07[/SIZE]-(optional kung naka set-up na(headturner) or stock.)

*Maporma nga kaso very common

[SIZE=4]Bmw 316i 01 or 02.[/SIZE]

*Euro car,very nice and comfi ride nga kaso sirain at mahal daw mag mentain? Totoo bang sirain bmw?

[SIZE=4]Honda Jazz 1.5 09[/SIZE](Kaso mag loloan pa ako)

*Over sa budget ko pero ok FC and unique compare with CIVIC.

Ok lang kahit hindi ganun ka tipid sa gas,at least 8KM/LIT. Basta reliable,hindi ako bibigyan ng sakit ng ulo sa kakapaayos. Syempre,maporma and maganda performance...

Ano ba ang best buy sa list? I hope you can share your opinion. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    dun nako sa 2009 ^_^

jazz maporma talaga lalo pag dinamitan

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Bmw totoong sirain unang masisira dyan ung power window, at pag nasira napakamahal ipagawa.

2009 jazz na ako

ung bmw namin balak namin ibenta at palitan na lng ng toyota prado, iba talaga toyota maganda at madali ang maintenance

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    In personal preference order:
    - Civic
    - Jazz
    - 3-Series

By process of elimination really - the 3-Series like you said is pricey to maintain and the 01/02 models would be a bit dated therefore there's a higher risk that you'd have to spend on maintenance/repairs, also the second-hand market is flooded with flooded vehicles, you never know! The Jazz like you also said will mean you have to take out a loan, even if it's a short term loan you'd still be paying extra so maybe it's best to (especially these days) avoid the loan route and therefore go with the Civic. It's the safer option, many used cars to choose from (inspect thoroughly for lemons/flooded models), and you can solve the commoness factor by setting it up or better yet buying an already setup unit.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    good morning sir!

as for me, i'd rather get a new car kahit magloan pa instead ng 2nd hand na di maiiwasan na may mga problema/ipapaayos IMHO.

ganyan din ang choice ko FD 2nd hand or the new fit. kinuha ko nalang fit and niloan namin yung kulang atleast brand new and may warranty pa.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    at your price range, i'd get a basic vios or city. brand new. mas sigurado ka na sa quality, may warranty pa, at libre na ang 3 year rehistro. that is, kung hindi kayo masyadong malaki ang katawan. kung medyo malaki ang katawan ng user, then why not try the sentra gx. may sukli pa kayo.
    tip: why not flag down taxis of these models, and find out if you feel comfortable in them...
    oh, and i'd stay away from the europeans. too expensive to maintain.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Get a vios or a honda city. The Jazz is way way pricey compared of those 2. You get a brand new vehicle with a much much cheaper price.

AFAIK. The base model jazz is playing around 718-720k I think. However the Vios 1.5G is around 750k for the manual. The 1.3E is 640k manual. The 1.3J is 595k still, manual.

The city on the other hand starts at 683k (?) for the base model.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i would choose the 2009 Jazz. for me, mas ok pa rin bumili ng brand new.

you can also choose:
    - 2009 City
    - 2009 Vios (in bronze metallic color )
    - 2009 Yaris

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    if ok lang mag loan. get the jazz. jazz na white. tapos gayahin mo yung spoon na jazz. gwapo talaga.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    the brand new 09 honda jazz, if i'm not mistaken, has a price difference of less than 100k, compared to the brand new 2009 civic 1.8V. why not take a loan on the 1.8V instead. the civic, being a bigger car, has better road stability.

What to choose? 580-680k budget. Please help