New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi to all, newbie lang ako dito kaya gusto ko sana magtanong kung ano ung suitable car para sakin. My budget is 100K-150K, this will be my first car. As of this moment wala pa akong idea kung ano ung brand at model ung gusto ko. Ang meron pala ako ngaun eh budget. Tsaka anong mileage ba ang magandang kunin pag 2nd hand ung car, every comments/reply will be much appreciated. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bonks04 View Post
    Hi to all, newbie lang ako dito kaya gusto ko sana magtanong kung ano ung suitable car para sakin. My budget is 100K-150K, this will be my first car. As of this moment wala pa akong idea kung ano ung brand at model ung gusto ko. Ang meron pala ako ngaun eh budget. Tsaka anong mileage ba ang magandang kunin pag 2nd hand ung car, every comments/reply will be much appreciated. Thanks
    hmmmm.

i'll get a 91 corolla 1.6 GL, but it would just be me.

your other options:

nissan sentra b14.
    mitsu lancer gli.

leave the rest for repair and maintenance.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    base on my experience ito ang ilan sa pointers:

1. measure your parking space at home, kasya ba sa garage mo or pwede ka ba mag park sa road tapat lang ng house mo
    2. if you are planning to use it to go to work saan ka ba pwede mag park during office hours (cost of pay parking).
    3. would it be city driving only? this is to help you decide the size of engine and if you would need a 4x4.
    4. MT or AT (identify your drivers)
    5. spare parts
    6. is your area of residence/travel experience flooded streets?
    7. your budget for fuel, mag add ka ng extra cost for idle in traffic, kasi ako kung long run ang FC 12km/l pero pag na traffic na 7km/l

hope this will help

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Agree with bro.1D4LV,- for that budget bro,- Corolla or Lancer or Sentra 89-91 ang katapat niyan....

Wala ka nang handle sa mileage niyan dahil matagal ang sasakyan,- so over 100KKm....

17.1K:chop:

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Mostly mga 90s compact sedan ang pasok sa budget mo. Be sure to get only manuals since old A/T's can be a pain.

The safest, most generic choice would be the AE101 Corolla. There's practically nothing that will go wrong with this car, and it still has a healthy population on the road to this day. 1.6L engine is reasonably thrifty and can still reach 180 and beyond should you press it. Higher resale value means you will be getting older units for your budget though, as compared to the competition.

Then there's the B14 Sentra. This is usually the one I recommend for buyers with this budget. Lower resale value means you get newer units for your budget, yet reliability and performance is still comparable with the same-era Corolla. Running cost is also very economical.

A more unorthodox choice would be the Ford Lynx. Late 90s to early 2000s models fit your budget. Its a lot more modern and comfortable than the ones above. While not as economical to maintain as the other two, it is still acceptable since it uses Mazda parts.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Your best options would either the 96-99 Sentra or 90s Corolla.

They are still popular so you can choose a unit in good condition. Also parts (new & surplus) are easy to find and generally affordable.

As for mileage, generally an average car would accumulate around 10,000km a year so just compute from there.

Example: a 1996 Sentra should be around 160,000km on its odometer. But that can differ greatly from car to car because of how the car was actually used. The 10,000km is just a benchmark. It is totally possible to find a 1996 Sentra with less than 50,000 km on it's odometer because it was only used for coding.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    corolla xe xl or gli 90's model or b13 sentra 91 to 94 model,

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Toyota Corolla, mileage is irrelevant, just check if the car was and is properly maintained. Bring a mechanic along with you.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by d'flash View Post
    corolla xe xl or gli 90's model or b13 sentra 91 to 94 model,
    The B13 Sentra (92-95) is just too old. It's replacement, the B14 Sentra 96-00 is a better option and it's also in the TS' budget.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    This really helped me ung parking space wala namang problema kasi malaki ung garahe namin mga 4 to 5 kasyang lancer hndi din kami flooded streets at madalas city driving ung gagawin ko pero may type to type na drives papuntan Nueva Ecija. I really appreciate your comment sir Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    base on my experience ito ang ilan sa pointers:

1. measure your parking space at home, kasya ba sa garage mo or pwede ka ba mag park sa road tapat lang ng house mo
    2. if you are planning to use it to go to work saan ka ba pwede mag park during office hours (cost of pay parking).
    3. would it be city driving only? this is to help you decide the size of engine and if you would need a 4x4.
    4. MT or AT (identify your drivers)
    5. spare parts
    6. is your area of residence/travel experience flooded streets?
    7. your budget for fuel, mag add ka ng extra cost for idle in traffic, kasi ako kung long run ang FC 12km/l pero pag na traffic na 7km/l

hope this will help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What car would suit me best?