New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    mini cooper para sa akin. medyo dated na din ang looks ng eclipse para sa akin. besides, classic talaga ang mini kaya matindi din ang cult following niya here & abroad

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You don't need to sell the Escape. You can get an all-in 1990's Mini for under 300k pesos.

True, some parts will be hard, but you can modify the Mini to take japanese ancilliaries... in fact, conversion to a Japanese alternator is a good idea. But for other stuff... there are a few shops and groups dedicated to the Mini around here... in fact, there's one shop in BF Homes that sells Mini accessories and mags.

Sure, the Mini might not have the horsepower or the convenience of an Eclipse, but if you want a car to "hataw", it can be downright fun... like a go-kart with a roof.

An Eclipse? Well... if you get a turbo, it'll be fun, exciting and in need of a lot of work. If you get a non-turbo... well... you might as well get an SiR for all the excitement it would give you.
    Last edited by niky; November 7th, 2008 at 06:36 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mini Cooper.

Although I find guys who drive big automobiles more appealing.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    It's the Mini for me nice and cute. Chicks love cute things.

In fact it's so cute they use it as bump cars in some countries...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You don't need to sell the Escape. You can get an all-in 1990's Mini for under 300k pesos.

True, some parts will be hard, but you can modify the Mini to take japanese ancilliaries... in fact, conversion to a Japanese alternator is a good idea. But for other stuff... there are a few shops and groups dedicated to the Mini around here... in fact, there's one shop in BF Homes that sells Mini accessories and mags.

Sure, the Mini might not have the horsepower or the convenience of an Eclipse, but if you want a car to "hataw", it can be downright fun... like a go-kart with a roof.

An Eclipse? Well... if you get a turbo, it'll be fun, exciting and in need of a lot of work. If you get a non-turbo... well... you might as well get an SiR for all the excitement it would give you.

D2 lang ako sa Parañaque Area..meron pala sa BF para sa mini cooper..Mukhang mas marami ang boto sa mini cooper Ah!!! konting mga reply na lang at pwede na ako mag decide..

Comment pa po...Thanks!!!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Really? Then take a look... it's along President's Ave (I think...) near the Pizza places, on the same building as the luxury car lot out by Tahanan Village.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Mini Cooper over the Eclipse by a long shot. As far as not being fast, you must not know about the racing heritage of the Mini in both road courses and rally racing. In SCCA racing alot of people use Mini Coopers for racing as Nicky said it's handling is like driving a go kart. Before the WRX and EVO there was the Mini Cooper and it's dominace in rally racing.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Mini Cooper for me.

Classic looks, easy to dress up, cult following, easy to park and fuel efficient too I suppose (since it's lightweight).

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Kung gusto mo magpa impress, depende pa rin kasi sa babae yan.

If I were you, I'd get a car I really like. Kasi kahit gaano kapogi yang oto mo, kung di mo naman ganun ka gusto or meron kang mas gusto, baka di mo rin maenjoy. Women will date you whether you have a Mini or an Eclipse.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Based on the thread starter's question, he is either looking at buying an AUSTIN MINI or Mitsu ECLIPSE. I am assuming he is referring to the old mini and not to the new car.

AUSTIN MINI:

The same car as Mr Bean drives.

Personally, the old mini's appeal ends as soon as you drive beside a truck or bus.

or when you're in a mall, and re-runs of Mr. Bean are airing in the food court or some shop window. your hot chick sees the crowd/bystanders laughing, by association baka magmuka kang Mr. Bean

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
What car is mas pogi sa Chicks?? Mini Cooper or Eclipse