New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi Everybody! I'm wondering if you know of any car manufacturers that would still honor the warranties on their cars even after we install LPG conversion kits? I've found an old 2006 article that says Nissan would honor the warranties on their cars if the LPG conversion kit is installed by their accredited LPG installer (AmbiEnergy, I think). I'm not sure if this is still effective. Do you know of any other car companies? TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its basically a per dealer basis.

Nissan Balintawak would honor the warranty but you have to tell your sales agent of your intention before purchasing the car.

I think I listed some in the main LPG conversion thread.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i was told by a sales agent at toyota marikina that they will honor the warranty even after the installation of the lpg kit if it is done by their accredited installer. . .mas mahal nga lang, if i can remember, 60 or 65k yata for an sgi system for a 4-cylinder engine model. . .

maybe you can contact them to confirm it. . .

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    thanks for the tip vito. I'll look into it.

ghosthunter, I saw your post in the swift vs. jazz vs. vios comparison thread. Is this what you were referring to? my search didn't yield any results in the LPG conversion thread.

I see that you had your brand new Nissan Sentra converted. Will Nissan Balintawak and UN honor the warranties if I have other models converted? or is it applicable to the Sentra lang? I'm looking at the X-Trail eh.

So far, Toyota (w/ Macro), Nissan Balintawak and UN lang ang options ko. Any news re: Hyundai and Subaru? I'm also considering the Tucson, Sta. Fe and Forrester.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chinacrisis View Post
    I see that you had your brand new Nissan Sentra converted. Will Nissan Balintawak and UN honor the warranties if I have other models converted? or is it applicable to the Sentra lang? I'm looking at the X-Trail eh.
    You will have to ask your dealer. I think the sentra is a special case since it is popularly being used for taxi which mostly are fueled by LPG.

So far, Toyota (w/ Macro), Nissan Balintawak and UN lang ang options ko. Any news re: Hyundai and Subaru? I'm also considering the Tucson, Sta. Fe and Forrester.
    I doubt if Hyundai and Subaru would still honor the warranty if you have it converted to LPG.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    thanks sir ghosthunter?

anybody else? other inputs?

What car manufacturers maintain warranties even after LPG conversion?