New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Let's say I was to buy a car for 60-70+ male person who still drives regularly, what would it be?

It probably has to have a manual transmission, since that is what he is used to. It probably has to be a car, since AUVs and SUVs are quite large, less maneuverable and may stress his eyesight and parking skills. It has to have all-power accessories, probably should have trunk (since hatches are more for the younger folk), should be cheap to run (diesel maybe?), stable at speed on highways, and most importantly, it should be befitting and respectable to someone of his age, so cheerful, youth-oriented cars (and colors) are out. It may or may not be brand new, it just has to be easily available and serviceable.

What do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ronallandottk View Post
    Let's say I was to buy a car for 60-70+ male person who still drives regularly, what would it be?

It probably has to have a manual transmission, since that is what he is used to. It probably has to be a car, since AUVs and SUVs are quite large, less maneuverable and may stress his eyesight and parking skills. It has to have all-power accessories, probably should have trunk (since hatches are more for the younger folk), should be cheap to run (diesel maybe?), stable at speed on highways, and most importantly, it should be befitting and respectable to someone of his age, so cheerful, youth-oriented cars (and colors) are out. It may or may not be brand new, it just has to be easily available and serviceable.

What do you guys think?
    BMW 320d. :D if sky's the limit for the budget, that is.

Any of the currently available compact sedans would probably be good. The altis, focus, civic...

or how about crossover SUV's...?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Go for crossover SUV's. You can choose CR-V, Santa Fe, Tucson (the Hyundai have diesel option), Forester or RAV-4. Pwede din Captiva pero since matanda na ayaw na natin ng sakit sa ulo when dealing with Chevrolet service.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'd ask the guy first about the manual tranny; ung main complaint ng uncle ko is that masakit sa tuhod ung m/t pag trapik

With regard to type(SUV/sedan/etc), something similar to what he's driving siguro; if he/she is as stubborn as my parents baka di kaagad maka adjust B)

Unless you have grand plans of making it a surprise or something, why not just ask him/her? malamang bibisita rin naman kayo sa showroom and for the test drive e.

Gawin mo ung ginawa ng tatay sa Transformers; kunwari papark kayo sa PGA/Viking/CATS motors...sabay alis sa parking at diretso kayo sa used car lots :D

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Accord / Camry.

I`ve seen an old man driving an audi r8.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hyundai Accent or Audi A4 TDI.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    BMW 320d. :D if sky's the limit for the budget, that is.

Any of the currently available compact sedans would probably be good. The altis, focus, civic...

or how about crossover SUV's...?
    320d is quite for the people whose age are in twenties to thirties.

Dapat siguro 7-series.

For the old man to be cool, buy him a subaru impreza wrx sti.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    320d is quite for the people whose age are in twenties to thirties.

Dapat siguro 7-series.

For the old man to be cool, buy him a subaru impreza wrx sti.
    The considerations were:

1) size (hence the preference for a car... this probably precludes the midsize sedans as well)
    2) non-flashiness (wala na agad dito yung sti at evo... or even the jazz and city... or the hatch focus.. or even the civic?)
    3) a trunk (no hatches raw)
    4) fuel economy (money might be an object, so hindi rin ata pwede yung mga germans at lexus dito.)
    5) M/T tranny (but this might be debatable..)

I think the best bet would be the 2.0 CR-V or the CRDi tucson...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    2009 Altis 1.6E Manual or 1.6G Manual- good ergonomics and cheap to run rated 5 stars Frontal Crash by the IIHS and EuroNCAP.

you could also go for the Civic 1.8V M/T but the dashboard and ergonomics is a bit to STAR TREK if you know what I mean...

but for the Money and Value go for the Altis its definitely worth having...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Most old people 60 to 70 of age need a car that are reliable and easy to drive. Any brand will do as long as the user is happy and comfortable with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What car to buy for older people?