New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2002 Jimny's can be had for around Php350k or less on the used car market nowadays.

Don't expect it to be a car. It's underchassis is basically a scaled down Nissan Patrol GU in design.

It's slow to reach highway speeds because of gearing. Short geared kasi making it quite peppy in city driving (mas mabilis pa sa Pajero from standing start). Runs out of breath at highway speeds due to short gearing (which is something you'll appreciate more when off-road). Much like the Vitara. Kayang-kaya ko iwan from standing start. Pero at 120kph, madali na lusutan.

Fuel consumption is good enough for something with the underpinnings of a tank. Try driving a Vios off-road.

It's only a 4 seater (4 seatbelts) and shares its body with the 660cc Jimny which has very strict size limitations including width and length. It's already maxed out in the Jimny's case. When they added the fender flares for the Jimny 1.3, the vehicle already moved up to the next tax bracket in the home market.

But it is pretty useless to someone who does not need it.

I still want one.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    *OTEP at Niky

Bilhin nyo na lang tong jimny namin para makabili na kami ng bagong rides...

Haaayy... so many old rides... no one wants to buy....

PS
    For sale po ang 94 LC80 Gas namin at 98 Love Life Corolla GLi... pati na rin tong Jimny

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Mga pre meron kaming 2002 Suzuki Jimny MT.

Accesories
    Very basic walang cupholders.. fabric seats lang... CD Radio with 2 speakers... bad trip yun... hindi man lang stock na 4 speakers...

Verdict
    You are completely out of your mind to choose this as your primary car... It pretty lives up to its purpose for us as a weekend car or a toy car or an enthusiast car or a car to show to the world that I can buy any car I like kasi gusto ko lang...

Mines got 5 cup holders :P hehehehehe
    3 upfront two at the back and its a four seater! hehehehe

Yup it is true that making this as an everyday is not a good idea. (Unless you have an open mind and likes to think out of the box hehehehe)

but as for me, i wouldnt mind having this as a priority one car
    (I guess the fact that i use to drive an owner type jeep helps me tolerate the jimny hehehe)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mga sirs ask ko lang po kung ano na latest sa jimny...

a) ano po ba ang latest model?

b) ano po ang difference(s) nya from the previous releases?

c) price range?

d) available po ba ung mga "two-tone" jimnys d2 sa pinay (may mga pics kc sa net na red/gray green/black)

Thanks in advance

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    May black na Jimny yung nasa harap namin. Pinalitan lang yung rims gwapo na. May airbag ba yung high end variant nito? Kung tama kasi ang tanda ko nung nagtanong kami a few months ago wala.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a/b. Latest model is still on the same platform but has a different dashboard, bumpers, and alloy wheels. The 4x4 system is also push-button instead of the older lever-operated system. Easier to use but the lever system is still preferred by the hardcore guys.

c. Not sure about the price (it is quite expensive for its class AFAIK).

d. 'Two toned' units are usually base model units because of the unpainted bumpers and body cladding. Top of the line models are monotone.

No SRS, no ABS for Jimnys.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    After reading this thread and my previous information about this ride, I am beginning to feel strongly that this is the one (or the Vitara) for my wifey, who doesn't slow down enough at humps in the subdivisions.... hehehe...

Mayroon bang AT ang Jimny?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, there is an A/T. Variant. New models use a gated shifter, older models used a shifter with a button in it.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    I am beginning to feel strongly that this is the one (or the Vitara) for my wifey, who doesn't slow down enough at humps in the subdivisions.... hehehe...
    Hindi kaya marami mag-loose sa misis mo dahil sa aalog-alog sya palagi pag Jimny binigay mo???

Walang stir matagtag talaga sya.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    You guys should have test drive a Suzuki Samurai or Suzuki Beaver to tell what's harsh and what's not. :D

Seriously, Jimny is a very capable offroad vehicle. You just need to get used to its bumpy ride and plastic stylings. It's a practical car and easy to maintain. No frills and thrills..just plain get go from the start. You should also try to get it off-road so that you'll appreciate its strengths.
    You can't compare a 2 door vehicle against a 4 door or say 1600cc engine car. Jimny's suspension can last longer than a Sentra or Rav4 combined. Max is right, the thing that I don't like in a Jimny is its battery and location. Besides that, I think it's a wonderful cute ute.

YOU WILL NOT APPRECIATE A SUZUKI UNLESS YOU DROVE ONE. Suzuki's Motto: Off the beaten path...we roam!
    Last edited by mikaztro; September 19th, 2006 at 05:53 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What can you say about Suzuki Jimny?