New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Hi guys I'm planning to buy my 1st car. my budget is 300-400k (max) AT sana gusto ko.. hindi rin sana ganun ka lumang model at least 07-08. can you give me the best option? Pde din brand new like Spark/i10 (pasok pa rin toh sa budget eh) can you share the pros and cons? many thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ok.
    do you know how to drive already? because if you still have to learn, i suggest you get a manual transmission car. i know of acquaintances who first learned to drive in automatics; they never got to learn to drive manuals afterward. besides, it's not that easy to apprise a used automatic. too many defects remaining hidden until they make their dramatic appear.. also, manuals are cheaper to purchase and to maintain.
    but if you already drive.. automatics, then go get an automatic.
    in my opinion, the better buy in used cars, is the more popular make... more easily obtained parts.. cheaper parts.. more knowledgeable mechanics.. and arguably, more matibay..the popular taxi models will probably be your better buy!
    but stay away from ex-taxis !! heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 26th, 2012 at 01:16 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Toyota para ung spares madali lang makahanap, ung model ng car depende sa gamit mo.

Check mo din ung area mo kung bumabaha and consider your car parking.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ajkotse View Post
    Hi guys I'm planning to buy my 1st car. my budget is 300-400k (max) AT sana gusto ko.. hindi rin sana ganun ka lumang model at least 07-08. can you give me the best option? Pde din brand new like Spark/i10 (pasok pa rin toh sa budget eh) can you share the pros and cons? many thanks!
    since first car.... i would suggest something as fuel efficient and easy to maintain as much as possible.
    kung city driving din naman, ubra na ang i10.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ajkotse View Post
    2nd hand M/T para hindi ganon kasakit kapag may masamang mangyari.

Ano ba gusto mo? Mataas o mababa? 5 seater o 7 seater?

Ang OK na kotse na pwede ipagpilian are Accent CRDi (M/T only), Kia Rio (merong A/T pero konti lang), Nissan Grand Livina, N16 Sentra, Suzuki Swift (nice car, but with limited dealer network), Avanza 1.3, ZZ Altis and the Vios.