New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    My family is getting bigger, and I need to upgrade to an AUV or MPV with only P300k as budget for a second hand vehicle. Need your suggestions with the considerations below:

1. Van should be not more than 4,555 mm in length (Innova's length) to fit in our garage, 7-seater is fine with me.
    2. Preferably year 2000 or later model
    3. Durable in rough road conditions when we go to the province
    4. Automatic transmission para ma-drive ni misis
    5. Preferably fuel efficient too with at least 8 kpl city driving, whether gas or diesel.

Thanks for your upcoming suggestions.

Noel

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Things that come into mind is late 90's Revo (alam ko merong automatic na Revo), Highlander (not sure kung merong A/T parang wala ata), and Adventure (wala din atang A/T??). Pero yung budget medyo kapos ng konti kung P350K sana....

Warning ko lang sa auto na Revo, its not that good in fuel consumption (around 7km/L) atsaka sobrang primitive yung A/T nya lakas ng jerk when it changes gears....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Newer than 2000. diesel and under 300k? Good luck. You might be able to get a gasoline CUV or AUV from that time period, but you sure as heck aren't going to get 8 km/l from those in city driving.

Most Isuzus built after 2000 go for around 450-650k pesos. You might find a Revo or an Adventure close to your budget (maybe 350k), but I don't know if you can find an automatic diesel for that little money... these two are your best bet (pricewise).

Anything from 2000 and up you can find under 300k pesos and diesel+automatic will likely be a Subic Import... and it'll likely be a mid-90's model registered after 2000 in the Philippines.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oops... sabay pala kami ni tidus... no Adventures na AT? Tough luck...

The most fuel efficient AT AUV is really the Crosswind, then... but the cheapest I've seen is around 400+++, and I'm not sure if that's automatic. Just went to Baguio... was averaging around 12+ on the highway with a full load, and between 8 - 10 km/l in traffic... and that includes climbing steep Baguio roads with 9 passengers. In city traffic, I average 10+... our manual Crosswind is even more efficient than that.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    walang AT na Hilander. Adventure at Revo lang ang may AT pero malamang wala kang makukuha sa budget mo.

Ayaw mo ng Vitara?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Since you preferred an a/t your choice will only end up with adventure 2.0 gas, revo 1.8 SR or VX gas and crosswind XTO but as Niky said, no 300K for those unless….????? I think you’ll still find a ’99 highlanders, revos, and adventures for your budget but yun nga no a/t. IMO around 400K fits for your criteria. Good luck.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for your responses. Guess I have to increase my budget then.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Within a 400+ budget, the Crosswind XTO hits all the marks. AT, fuel efficient (around 8-10 in city driving with an AT... 10+ with an MT), looks good, ride reasonably comfortable (well, better than the XUV trim or probably the big-wheeled later XTRMs), and semi-painless maintenance (just don't have work done at Isuzu mismo... they charge an arm and a leg). But I like do like the Revo... I find it a little better, suspension-wise... but I dont' know much about maintaining the engines.

Whatever you buy (Crosswind, Adventure, Revo), be sure that the diesel engine is in good running condition and that there's no major items needing fixing. Good luck!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Within a 400+ budget, the Crosswind XTO hits all the marks. AT, fuel efficient (around 8-10 in city driving with an AT... 10+ with an MT), looks good, ride reasonably comfortable (well, better than the XUV trim or probably the big-wheeled later XTRMs), and semi-painless maintenance (just don't have work done at Isuzu mismo... they charge an arm and a leg). But I like do like the Revo... I find it a little better, suspension-wise... but I dont' know much about maintaining the engines.

Whatever you buy (Crosswind, Adventure, Revo), be sure that the diesel engine is in good running condition and that there's no major items needing fixing. Good luck!
    +1 dito ..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by noelizm View Post
    My family is getting bigger, and I need to upgrade to an AUV or MPV with only P300k as budget for a second hand vehicle. Need your suggestions with the considerations below:

1. Van should be not more than 4,555 mm in length (Innova's length) to fit in our garage, 7-seater is fine with me.
    2. Preferably year 2000 or later model
    3. Durable in rough road conditions when we go to the province
    4. Automatic transmission para ma-drive ni misis
    5. Preferably fuel efficient too with at least 8 kpl city driving, whether gas or diesel.

Thanks for your upcoming suggestions.

Noel
    Noel... if you want to consider kia carnival 2000 as an option, i maybe of help. happy hunting...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What AUV or MPV to buy at P300k budget?