New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Im looking for a 2nd hand pick up. My budget is 550-600K. ill be using it in our province & occassional trips going to manila.
    Im choosing between 1st gen D-MAX

& 2nd gen Ranger

im not so familiar with these pick ups. can you guys tell me each of their Pros & Cons. thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Comfort:
    Isuzu D-MAX has less bumpy ride than Ford Ranger.

Bed Size:
    Ford Ranger has larger bed than the Isuzu D-MAX if you require load carrier.

Interior Space:
    Isuzu D-MAX has more legroom on the second row.
    Ford Ranger has a space like those of the 90's pick-ups, masikip and uncomfortable for the second row seaters on long drives.

Fuel Consumption:
    Ford diesel engines are Mazda diesel engines, where Mazda diesel engines return good FC's (and reliable too).
    First Gen D-MAX, a non-iTEQ engined, is known to be a guzzler (this is what people we know who owned this kind of D-MAX say). The latest model D-MAX, equipped with iTEQ engine, is the thriftier one.

anyway, just follow your heart...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I'll pick the D-Max because it has a better ride comfort & looks better than the ranger ..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    2 weeks after my last post here about dmax & ranger..

Im planning to get a 2nd hand 07 (new look) dmax .. I would want to know from you guys which is better, M/T or A/T? Which is faster? gusto ko kasi di maiiwan pag convoy with my other SUV's ..
    I Dont have to much info about the DMAX..What were some of the problems you guys encountered in the long run?

I choose DMAX kasi up to 800K lang budget ko for a second hand pick up, i love the speedometer gauge on this dmax..Ok din sana strada but i want it to be different on my montero

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Get the A/T. your left foot will thank you for it. Ok naman ang Dmax, gripes ko lang manipis ang body at medyo huli sa build quality compared sa iba. Medyo mausok lalo na during cold starts. And maingay compared sa ibang CRDi. After 3 years of ownership nagpalit na ako ng 3 power window motors, nagloloko every 5 months or so yung keyless entry (but the casa gladly resets it for free). The ABS also pulsates a lot when braking mid pressure.

But it is king when it comes to FC, specially on long drives. I get 16Km/L on the A/T. The most I get on other diesel pickups with similar power is 14Km/L.

What 2nd hand Pick up to get ?