New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi. I need you advise. I am planning to buy a car and have a budget of about 750k.

I was looking at a brand new Toyota Yaris 1.5 A/T being sold at around P720k but saw an ad for a 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5L being sold at P600k with a mileage of 18,000 km and warranty until 2009. Which of the two would give better value?

Note: Between the newest model Jazz and the previous model, I prefer the previous model. Actually, I don't like the look of the newest Jazz model - reminds me of a shrunken Innova. Parang hindi fun na yung dating.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, the Jazz. since its around 2 years old already, wala ng masyadong depreciation.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Kung CVT man lang, Yaris na.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Kung CVT man lang, Yaris na.
    Having driven both, i prefer the overall performace of the yaris (that's why i got 1 over the old jazz).

But in your case, ill get the 07 Jazz, beef it up with body kits with your savings.

If you plan to keep it stock and for a long period of time (over 5 years), go get the yaris, the cvt of honda tends to breakdown That's why it has been already scrapped

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go for the brand new Yaris. It'll give you less headaches for the next 5 years of ownership. The 2007 Jazz will be 8 yrs old by then.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I would say yaris also.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    although honda enthusiast ako, i would go for toyota on this one.

if you want reliability, toyota. period. dati i thought toyota's famed reliability was BS, kasi nga cars are getting more and more hi-tech now. pero my wife's 99 corolla has been more reliable than all my previous hondas (i had 4) with model generations 96-03.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    although honda enthusiast ako, i would go for toyota on this one.

if you want reliability, toyota. period. dati i thought toyota's famed reliability was BS, kasi nga cars are getting more and more hi-tech now. pero my wife's 99 corolla has been more reliable than all my previous hondas (i had 4) with model generations 96-03.
    i agree, our 1992 lite ace is still running great

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    pero dude you must also remember that every 5,000 kms ang PMS ng Toyota while Honda is every 10,000 kms. Kung daily car moto at malayo ang bahay mo then go for
    Honda Jazz...pero kung malapit kalang naman sa work mo then go for toyota

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    pero dude you must also remember that every 5,000 kms ang PMS ng Toyota while Honda is every 10,000 kms. Kung daily car moto at malayo ang bahay mo then go for
    Honda Jazz...pero kung malapit kalang naman sa work mo then go for toyota
    Sa toyota, kung mineral oil ang gamit, every 5k ang PMS pero kung synthetic ay every 10K ang change oil pero may palit pa rin ng oil filter every 5K.

Honda uses synthetic from the start. kaya every 10k.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
A well maintained 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5L CVT or brand new Toyota Yaris 1.5?