New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi sirs magtatanong lang ako. Which would be a better buy?

2000-2002 W210 or 2001-2003 E39? Assuming both local purchased, complete casa records, less than 40,000km, and same price range (under 1m)?

1) Cheaper to maintain?

2) Nice, comfortable interior yet fun to drive?

3) Estimated city FC? Kaya ba 8-10 km/liter?

4) Assuming I will use it upto 100,000km? Which will have less problems down the road?

5) Bigger doors, better with ingress & egress?

Thank you for your comments
    Last edited by mikmik316; November 18th, 2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: added more details

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I suggest you post this on the specific car make threads namely Mercedes Benz...

I'm very sure a lot of Benz freaks will give you their 2 cents' worth...

See you there!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Now that in itself wouldn�t be so bad, as an owner would get used to the switch layout. What is terrible is the way the interior bits are falling apart after only four years. The front cupholders are in pieces, and the rear ones aren�t even there any more. Fine, there are aircon vents for the rear passengers, but the switch has popped out of its socket. The wood on the dash does look elegant, but only if it would fit properly. Our test car�s ashtray and trip computer cover were badly misaligned.

(caption)"Cup holders are flimsy and easily break off. The test unit already had one of the front cup holders snap of. A pity for a car that's barely two years old.

The story is the same with the rear ventilations. Notice the rear cup holders: only pieces of it were left. And they call this quality interior?! we think not. BMW should give the Honda guys a call."(end caption)

The tales of woe from the car�s owner didn�t end with the interior. He�d already had electrical problems and several instances of overheating. The worst of it is, the entire engine block cracked and had to be replaced. Twice. Third engine block in 50,000 km is unacceptable for any car, particularly a supposedly bulletproof BMW.

Great expectations of a great car, and the driving experience fulfilled the promise. The 523 is every gram the driver�s car it�s reputed to be. Only it was tripped up by its poor fit �and-finish and reliability. Given the half-day that this shootout lasted, the BMW would have won easily. But one reason for spending a little more on an executive sedan is expecting it to be more reliable and robust than just any other car. The 523i boasts of excellent mechanicals, but its reliability problems rubbed off too much of its luster.
    from Motioncars comparison of the 2000 Accord vs E39 5 series.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well, i like my E75, too. it doesn't gobble battery fuel as fast as what some complainants make it appear to.
    and everyone who has opened a car engine hood knows WD40.
    but the brits are a class all their own when it comes to scrutinizing auto fit and finish. aren't they the ones who invented the shine-o-meter?
    and, peasant that i am, i have yet to see a european marque that can claim kin to what is commonly described as "easy to maintain". of course, everything is relative..
    joke.

W210 or E39?