The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    all stock yung SIR. Below 30thou kms.

Sino mas ok?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on how you want to match the two. Kung sa speed I think SIR will still win. But if you're going to use it as a daily driver, mas okay na siguro ang new civic. Mas bago eh....mas pleasing para sa driver.

2 sentimosmos.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I vote for the SiR if it really is that fresh. You'll save maybe 600k vs a 2.0li version of the new car, and that's enough to get you another u-car or a new subcompact for a daily drive (keeping the SiR nice and fresh for your weekends).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would get the Civic 2.0L ... for both reasons of performance and ease of driving.

The Civic SiR is a nice toy for the weekends but overall, there is no replacement for displacement.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I never liked the newer Civics later than the SiR, that's my answer

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SIR... because im cheap

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    8th gen civic.

old news na ang SiR kahit na lakas engine nyan

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    8th gen Civic with the K20 type r swap
    Last edited by HyBrideVo; December 30th, 2007 at 12:25 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I dunno, I'll side with the EK4 SiR on this one. Nothing to do with the engine or the power, it's just that the EK4 is easier to see out of compared to the newer FD2, which feels like a much bigger car in tight situations.

If you want acceleration the FD2 wins this fight; the EK4 doesn't have much low-down torque.

Good luck finding an SiR for sale in good condition nowadays though. A lot of SiR owners do not want to let go of their cars.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If only, and only if, the 30k is true, would I consider the SiR.

I like the suspension setting better... supple but not too soft... yes, it's gutless and torqueless, but the engine is a sweet little thing for those odd occassions that you can actually rev it over 6000 rpm.

The newer car may be more cushy and comfortable, but I find the older car a cozier, more inviting place to be in.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Virgin CIVIC SIR vs 8th Gen CIVIC