New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nurse_corrupted View Post
    If you finally decided on getting the Yaris, don't avail the sports package from them with the skirts etc. For 40k, avail the RS kits from Toyota Makati and you won't go wrong with that one.
    +1 on this

If you dont need trunk space and drive solo up to 4 mid sized passengers then Yaris definitely. At less than 800K you already have a 1.5L engine.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If di ka naman masyado nagdadala ng kasama sa paggrocery ng madami ... yaris ako.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Guys, which one is better kaya? Planning to buy a brand new car but still can't decide what to buy. These two are on top of my list so I'd like to know which one is better in all aspects.

Would love to hear your inputs on this.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I will pick the Yaris over the Vios unless you need the trunk. Cause the Yaris has a very small trunk although the seats can be folded down thus making the cargo space huge but making your Yaris capable of only seating two. They are mechanically almost the same, the Vios has a power folding side mirror which the Yaris lacks but the Yaris is cheaper and has a more generous discount.

The biggest thing why I like the Yaris over the Vios is exclusivity! Vios is the so-called "TAXI CAR". Its everywhere. The Yaris is cute and pretty rare.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Don't be deceived. The Vios is no better at ferrying people than a Yaris.

I'd recommend you sit in the Vios driver's seat, adjust the seat to your liking, then get out and sit in the seat immediately behind (you literally "sit behind yourself"). I did this recently, and with my 5'8" frame, rear headroom is pathetic. Blame that sloping rear roofline.

Toyota is advertising the Vios as "cozy" because in reality they just can't liberate the same amount of room from the Vios against, say, an old Jazz, an old City, or even a smaller car like an i10.

Get the Yaris. I doubt you'll be disappointed. At least it won't fool you into thinking it's more spacious than it really is. And the interior's a heckuvalot better in the smaller car.
    Last edited by Type 100; January 26th, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ang yaris ba, hanggang 3 pwede sumakay sa likod? or kaya hanggang 4 pag maliliit ang sasakay just like vios? para kasing yaris is too small e.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    pwede 3 regular adult persons or 4 small kids

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    what are the other major differences between these two aside from the power folding side mirrors that the vios has? matipid sila pareho sa gas right?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah fuel economy is the same cause they have the same engine and transmission... Other differences. The Yaris has more storage boxes. Meron duon sa harap mismo ng steering wheel which is kinda useful. Also the Yaris back seat can be reclined, very very nice makes the car seems more spacious and the back passengers more comfy!
    Last edited by tidus1203; January 28th, 2010 at 08:07 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Vios  &  Yaris : Which one is better? [MERGED]