New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    my aunt's checking out these two models as a replacement for her tamaraw fx (GL gas). she initially wanted a vios but saw the avanza's price.

the fx is used twice a week (50-70kms; 2 pax only) and farther once a month in average (8 pax average).

is the vios more refined than the avanza? both are E m/t models and the avanza is cheaper by 10k yet it has 2 a/c, more seats.

stuff that bother me:

- 1.3 avanza with 8 pax, too underpowered? also the high speed maneuverability bothers me. though sa fx when a bus overtakes i can feel the vehicle's body wobbling.

eto options:

- sell the fx, get either (most likely avanza) which i doubt, nawawala ang OR/CR. and still named on the first owner.
    - fx stays, get the avanza (redundant?)
    - fx stays, get the vios (makes more sense) -> use the vios often, then the fx for 6 pax or more.

super tipid naman maintenance ng fx, annual registration, annual oil change ok na siya. hee hee

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    7 seater lang sir ang avanza.. occasional kasya 8.. pero kung parating 8 ang sakay.. baka maagang bumigay yan.. hindi naman sya underpowered..

definitely hindi kakasya 8 sa vios..

check mo sa casa.. pahirapan ang avanza ngayon.. waiting list almost all casa na napagtanungan ko..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    i see. kasi its 90hp but on 6k rpm na. eh yung vios ba may pila?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1.3 is okay for flatland use. Going uphill with 8 on board, it strains a bit, but it can do it better than a Tamaraw can.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nori View Post
    - fx stays, get the vios (makes more sense) -> use the vios often, then the fx for 6 pax or more.
    I like this option.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    oh. i thought the 7k would outperform the avanza going uphill due to its closer gear ration (or something like that) hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    fx stays, get the vios (makes more sense) -> use the vios often, then the fx for 6 pax or more.

i did this in the past. but after a short time, decided to sell the old one. it was a bother, mainly because it took up garage space.
    now, unless i really need a second (coding?) car, i'd opt for the avanza and sell the fx.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's one of the prime considerations. Double the insurance (if you're still paying insurance on the FX), double the maintenance costs, double the registration costs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Brand new ba talaga kailangan? Considering that you would be using the vehicle for only twice a week regularly, and a long distance trip every so often, it is quite impractical to maintain two vehicles.

The Avanza is definitely not as versatile as the old FX in passenger or cargo carrying, let alone the Vios. Might I suggest you get a 2nd hand Adventure instead? It will most likely be more fuel efficient than an Avanza, especially when heavy laden. You get more room, and it looks better too. 2012 Mitsubishi Adventure GLS SE EURO 2 TVDVD - 12 | Cars for sale Quezon City | AyosDito.ph Something like this would be nice. Cheaper than a brand new Vios or Avanza, and it is still more or less new.