New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I drive my sister's 1.3 E Vios and its fast because of the DOHC 16 Valve (runs like a 1.5 or 1.6L engine) unlike previous 1.3 Liter has SOHC 12 valve engine. Vios 1.5 G manual Transmission owners out there, how the ride of your car? Mas mabilis ba yun 1.5 engine na parang 1.8 Liter? Or the same speed noong '90's? Kasi yun engine ng 1.3 at 1.5 VVT-I na so advanced technology. I want to try it someday. I like to compare cars eh

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Better than the 90's... I have Yaris also 1.5 same as Vios 1.5...

Pero versus a 1.8 Civic FD mas mahina sya pero mas malakas ang low end torque nya than even the 1.8 Civic FD... Now versus a 1.8L in the 90's, I have no idea di pa ako nag drive nung 90's to young pa!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What kind of 1.6 are you comparing it against?

The 1.5 is about as quick at low speeds as a 1.8, if that 1.8 happens to be a Corolla or a Ford Focus. Against a modern 1.8 like the Civic FD? Not so much... and definitely not as quick as a 1.8 at higher speeds.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

1.5G vios ok na yan for everyday use... pero pit it against my 250x, mahihirapan yan... kahit pa matic etong sa akin and manual yan.. wag lang sa city traffic ha, lugi ako sa size, hehehe

pero kung gusto ma ma-enjoy ang 1.5G vios mo-- get a manual.... but ung matic mas madaming features--like the very-useful 60:40 folding rear seats and leather interior.

owned a 20-year-old maxima-- and i can say na that maxima is as powerful as any MODERN 1.3-1.6L engined-cars....and its a 90's 2.0 engine-- no electronics, vvt, carbutated engine...
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; September 9th, 2010 at 07:22 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    1.3L Vios MT is not fast. Maybe you can call it agile, since it has a lot of low end torque and its light.
    Once you get to 90 kph and up, you'll know what I mean.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    I drive my sister's 1.3 E Vios and its fast because of the DOHC 16 Valve (runs like a 1.5 or 1.6L engine) unlike previous 1.3 Liter has SOHC 12 valve engine. Vios 1.5 G manual Transmission owners out there, how the ride of your car? Mas mabilis ba yun 1.5 engine na parang 1.8 Liter? Or the same speed noong '90's? Kasi yun engine ng 1.3 at 1.5 VVT-I na so advanced technology. I want to try it someday. I like to compare cars eh
    The old 2NZ-FE engine on the 1.3L gen1 Vios and gen1 Echo had 16 valves and two camshafts. It also had VVT-i on its cylinder head.

I don't know where you get your information but it's incorrect. As a matter of fact, the current Yaris and Vios just recycle the previous generation's engine lineup...ALL the old engines got placed in new bodies.

SOHC 12-valve engines...you might be referring to taxi-spec Corollas of 1990s
    Last edited by Type 100; September 10th, 2010 at 05:42 PM.

12-valve 1.3L sohc is called: 2E.. locally available since EE90 - EE101 corolla.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    The old 2NZ-FE engine on the 1.3L gen1 Vios and gen1 Echo had 16 valves and two camshafts. It also had VVT-i on its cylinder head.

I don't know where you get your information but it's incorrect. As a matter of fact, the current Yaris and Vios just recycle the previous generation's engine lineup...ALL the old engines got placed in new bodies.

SOHC 12-valve engines...you might be referring to taxi-spec Corollas of 1990s
    You're right even the gen1 Vios 1.5L engine recycled into new bodies. Baka mali yun nagkwento or mali ang intindi. Anyway for me still these are good engine na ginawa ng Toyota. Pero sir for me hanga ako talaga sa 2nd Vios 1.3L mabilis at tipi sa gas. Thanks for the Info.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    You're right even the gen1 Vios 1.5L engine recycled into new bodies. Baka mali yun nagkwento or mali ang intindi. Anyway for me still these are good engine na ginawa ng Toyota. Pero sir for me hanga ako talaga sa 2nd Vios 1.3L mabilis at tipi sa gas. Thanks for the Info.
    yup, the engine of the vios i think is still the same from the first gen up until now.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    modern 1.3 efi engines are typically as powerful or better than the old 1.6 caburated engines. mas matipid pa.

ang since the body is much lighter also. better power to weight ratio.

di lalong mabilis/malakas kung 1.5 ang makina.
    Last edited by meledson; September 13th, 2010 at 12:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vios 1.5 Liter Ride.