New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ano kaya mas sulit sa dalawa? Ito kasi tinitignan kung modelo? P750,000 lang budget ko (dapat kasama na insurance atsaka LTO) tapos kailangan automatic sya. Yung Yaris may discount na P35,000 dun sa dealer na nakausap ko kaya pasok sa budget ko. Salamat po at mabuhay!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mag Yaris ka nalang...

Sobrang hina nang 1.3 E A/T(mayroon nyan ang auntie ko na kakabili lang sa Toyota Otis)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    suggestiong lang sir ah, Hyudai gets CRDI, priced at P638,000

http://www.auto-searchphilippines.co...PriceList.html

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    suggestiong lang sir ah, Hyudai gets CRDI, priced at P638,000

http://www.auto-searchphilippines.co...PriceList.html
    ang alam ko sir wala ng Getz CRDi. matagal ng phase-out yan. but they're still selling the 1.1 variant at 495k and 538k for the "upgraded" variant.

BTT:

if luggage space is important, get a Vios. if not, Yaris na.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think Yaris mas ok sa dalawa... Lamang lang Vios kasi may trunk pero sa engine, sa performance, sa features and sa looks (pangit ng mags ng 1.3E) panalo Yaris... I think di pwede yung Getz kasi automatic daw gusto nya...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Again, it depends on what your needs are...

If there will always be more than 2 people riding your car, then go Vios. Lalo na kung madalas kayo nag-o-outing.

If you want a safer car, go Vios. Although the Yaris has an extra airbag versus the Vios E, for me, the Yaris' backdoor is a bit too close to the rear passenger seats... not enough "crumple zone" metal unlike the Jazz. Delikado sa back seat passengers in case may mabilis na sasakyan ang bumangga sayo sa likod. Brakes are the same, they both have ABS and disc/drum specs. Both also have the same security features.

If the car's looks are important, then go Yaris. It's got the bigger-profile wheels, plus the integrated side-mirror turn lamps. And bottom line, a hot-hatch will always look nicer than its sedan counterpart.

If you want performance, definitely go Yaris. No explanations needed.

If you want fuel economy, then it will depend if you will be driving more highway or more city. It would be about the same, but I would think FC would be better on the Yaris if you will be driving highway more often (lesser strain on the engine carrying the ~1100kg weight). If you'll be driving more city, then the Vios will probably get you a little more mileage.

If it's just you using the car most of the time (or 2 lang kayo), then go for Yaris. Vios if it will be a family car.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    double post

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yaris kanalang especially if you don't need the trunk. Di ko trip mags ng Vios E eh tsaka automatic transmission partnered with a 1.3L engine ?

You'd be better off with the bigger displacement, IMO.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Grabe pangit talaga nang rims ng Vios 1.3 E A/T.

Pinagtatawanan nga yan saamin eh,para daw nakuha sa cheap na tindahan sa Banawe ang porma!

Mag Yaris ka nalang!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    It depends on the need. for practicality, I say Vios. the trunk always comes handy. you'll never know when that extra luggage will be needed. For performance, sige, Yaris, but who needs that extra power if your in Manila? More often than not, less than 50% of engine power is used in everyday city driving. IMO, i prefer Vios over Yaris. I don't have a family (yet) but I like a car that can handle my future needs. The rims really is not that good, but for 10k (more or less), you can swap it to aftermarket ones and still use the same rubber.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Vios 1.3E A/T or Yaris 1.5 A/T??