New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    *TS

kung nananakit na tuhod mo sa pag-da-drive, get an AT.
    kung issue mo ang FC, get a MT.
    kung issue mo ang maintenance ng transmission, get a MT.

finally, kung saan ka mas sanay at comfortable, un ang piliin mo. at the end of the day ikaw ang gagamit nyan at hinde ibang tao.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i find it nice, driving an automatic on nice roads with little traffic.
    but when it comes to pinpoint driving, hilly driving, or aggressive driving, i like manual.
    and the skinflint in me simply can not accept the 10% or so, loss in fuel efficiency of the AT..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    driving in the city specially Makati / Manila..... I prefer A/T transmission...

going to province on a twisty mountains.... I prefer M/T transmission...

it is sometimes annoying to overtake in a twisty uphill mountains using an A/T... some drivers are trying to challenge how much have you got during this situations and you end up braking and going back on his tail since there's an upcoming vehicle in front of you.... I always encounter drivers driving leisurely in the mountains and when I tried to overtake them thinking that they will not increase their speed, they will when you start going to the left side just about overtaking them.... Using M/T vehicles is easier in this kind of situations.... especially if you have a bigger engine displacement...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I agree though with getting an a/t if this is going to be mostly used in going around the city. My daily drives are all m/t and its starting to get on me already. It's not much of a trouble to tow and maintain an a/t vehicle really.

If you want a 1.5L a/t in that budget range, would you consider a Yaris?
    I'm only looking into the 1.5 G M/T. I find the Yaris too small and I don't like hatchbacks talaga, exception lang Subaru STi - if only I could afford one! lol

If the car will be used mostly for highway driving cruising from 80-100 kph, will the 1.5 G M/T be more economical than the 1.3 G A/T? I don't pass traffic pero if get transferred in our Ortigas office, I'll be going through hellish traffic daily. My primary consideration is ease of maintenance as I plan to keep the car for 5 years minimum. Are A/Ts harder to maintain than M/Ts after the 5 year mark?

Can anyone give an estimate on the difference in fuel efficiency between a 1.3 G A/T and 1.5 G M/T?
    Last edited by _Cathy_; November 10th, 2012 at 01:42 AM.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    get the 1.5G M/T.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    lalabas na daw new vios next year...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Get A/T.. You won't regret it.. All my cars are A/T (SINCE 2002) pa.. No problem.. Madali lang ang maintenance ng A/T, just make sure to replace the fluid based on your PMS schedule.

Tama si OTEP, bring a good set of jumpers and call a cab and let manong do the series.. Besides, mararamdam mo naman kung kailangan mo na magpalit ng battery.. Medyo hirap na mag start..

BTW, I think its not a good practice specially you are a girl, na hayaan ang battery until its dead.. Paano kung sa alanganin lugar ka... Besides, if you are decided to get a/t, battery lang ang kailangan mo monitor..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I'm only looking into the 1.5 G M/T. I find the Yaris too small and I don't like hatchbacks talaga, exception lang Subaru STi - if only I could afford one! lol

If the car will be used mostly for highway driving cruising from 80-100 kph, will the 1.5 G M/T be more economical than the 1.3 G A/T? I don't pass traffic pero if get transferred in our Ortigas office, I'll be going through hellish traffic daily. My primary consideration is ease of maintenance as I plan to keep the car for 5 years minimum. Are A/Ts harder to maintain than M/Ts after the 5 year mark?

Can anyone give an estimate on the difference in fuel efficiency between a 1.3 G A/T and 1.5 G M/T?
    With a 1.3 a/t, if you cruise at 80-100kph and don't carry heavy loads, or overtake too much, then that will be quite economical on the highway. To those with 1.3 a/ts, what's the rpm at 100kph?

A/Ts will last really. What's important is it's used properly and that you change the ATF when specified (or even more often, such as every 20,000kms if you wish).

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^^^

100 kph * 2500-ish RPM.

2010 1.3E A/T mixed highway and city driving 12 kms/litre, as per my latest computation (I do this every tank top up). Highway driving gets 18-19 kms/litre, 80-100 kph, with occasional bursts up to 130 kph. Worst mileage I got was 17 to a litre, drove like a maniac then. Car can attain 160 kph easily, and maybe more. But with a small car like the Vios, I'm afraid to take that risk.

Toyota Service says the A/T is sealed and oiled for life, but I'm planning to have the tranny flushed on the 80k PMS.

Agree with primo Vin, A/T's do last given the correct maintenance. My oldest A/T car dates back to 1977...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I drive a 1995 a/t vehicle and other than regular fluid changes (which need to be done to manuals too) along with regular battery changes, it has not given me any trouble. The jimny a/t is a 2003 model and has no tranny problems too

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast