New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Please help me decide which is the best car to buy considering my needs.

I have previously decided on getting a 1.3 G A/T and took my Mommy to the showroom. However, she the saw cute little Avanza which is within the same price range as the Vios. She likes that it can sit more people and carry more stuff. Personally, I do not like the Avanza as I find it too small to function as a 6 seater vehicle. But I have a friend that's convincing me that the Avanza is sturdier and more practical than the Vios. Also, since I already have a compact, I should not get another sedan anymore. Since my Mommy prefers for me to get a vehicle that's multipurpose, I considered the Innova 2.0 J Gas M/T as well. The downside is that it's the lowest variant and extremely bare. It's the most expensie too. It's only the size that will be a plus point and nothing else.

I was considering using the Vios as my daily driver to save on gas. I'd like to know if the Avanza or Innova could give me good fuel economy as well.

My main consideration is practicality. Secondary is ease of maintenance. On the surface the Vios seems to be the best choice since it's the cheapest with the most features. BUT I am also considering practicality in terms of flexibility and variety of use. Which vehicle will give me the most out of my money? I plan to keep this vehicle for a minimum of 10 years.

Vios 1.3 G A/T = PHP743k - 70k = PHP673k
    Avanza 1.3 E A/T = PHP743k - 20k = PHP723k
    Innova 2.0 J GAS M/T = PHP818k - 80k = PHP738k
    Last edited by _Cathy_; December 11th, 2012 at 01:47 AM. Reason: TYPO

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mods/Admin, can someone edit my thread title to:

Vios 1.3 G A/T, Avanza 1.3 E A/T or Innova 2.0 J Gas M/T

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Anything, but an Avanza.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My vote will be avanza. Para maiba sa sedan mo and mas practical because of space. Baka may biglang sasakay na more than 5. Innova J is so bare. Well you consider innova M/T, then you might consider avanza E M/T also to lower down the price

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What don't you like about the Avanza?

I don't like it din but my friend is saying that it will last longer with less problems than a Vios?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    What don't you like about the Avanza?

I don't like it din but my friend is saying that it will last longer with less problems than a Vios?
    It has that "tinny" feel. I don't know how will the puny 1.3 engine and AT transmission hold on in the long run. Considering the Avanza is a people hauler, and not a sedan. Sorry, I have no first hand knowledge for an Avanza. My observations come from my "taxi riding" experiences. IMHO, the bigger Innova would be a more capable vehicle for your needs.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    It has that "tinny" feel. I don't know how will the puny 1.3 engine and AT transmission hold on in the long run. Considering the Avanza is a people hauler, and not a sedan. Sorry, I have no first hand knowledge for an Avanza. My observations come from my "taxi riding" experiences. IMHO, the bigger Innova would be a more capable vehicle for your needs.
    I have the same comments when i compared the Avanza to the Vios before. It just feels like thin metalsheet when we give the car a look over, that's why we went with the Vios when my in-laws were looking for a car. FC of the Vios is even waay better.

On the Innova, get it if only you do need the space often.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Please help me decide which is the best car to buy considering my needs.

I have previously decided on getting a 1.3 G A/T and took my Mommy to the showroom. However, she the saw cute little Avanza which is within the same price range as the Vios. She likes that it can sit more people and carry more stuff. Personally, I do not like the Avanza as I find it too small to function as a 6 seater vehicle. But I have a friend that's convincing me that the Avanza is sturdier and more practical than the Vios. Also, since I already have a compact, I should not get another sedan anymore. Since my Mommy prefers for me to get a vehicle that's multipurpose, I considered the Innova 2.0 J Gas M/T as well. The downside is that it's the lowest variant and extremely bare. It's the most expensie too. It's only the size that will be a plus point and nothing else.

I was considering using the Vios as my daily driver to save on gas. I'd like to know if the Avanza or Innova could give me good fuel economy as well.

My main consideration is practicality. Secondary is ease of maintenance. On the surface the Vios seems to be the best choice since it's the cheapest with the most features. BUT I am also considering practicality in terms of flexibility and variety of use. Which vehicle will give me the most out of my money? I plan to keep this vehicle for a minimum of 10 years.

Vios 1.3 G A/T = PHP743k - 70k = PHP673k
    Avanza 1.3 E A/T = PHP743k - 20k = PHP723k
    Innova 2.0 J GAS M/T = PHP818k - 80k = PHP738k
    imho, if you do not need the space, stick with the vios. a sedan would ride more comfortably, specially if it is a daily ride.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    If you need space, get an Avanza. If you need bigger space, of course the Innova has it.

I tested an Avanza G A/T and it feels underpowered with only 3 adults a child inside. But the space is enough for normal size Pinoys. Maybe it can fit in 6 adults including the driver with little discomfort (driver plus front passenger then 2 persons each in the second and third rows).

In occasionally drive my in-laws' Vios E 2008. I really have to problems with it. Even the plasticky interiors doesn't bother me. FC is good. Maybe around 10-11km/liter.

Now, my wife and I recently bough an Innova G and of course it is better than the avanza and vios. I think even the J variant is better if you can sacrifice a little bit of FC for the gas variant.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    Now, my wife and I recently bough an Innova G and of course it is better than the avanza and vios. I think even the J variant is better if you can sacrifice a little bit of FC for the gas variant.
    At the price of the gasoline J variant of the Innova, you can go for a Altis 1.6E m/t as well. Hehehehehe... I was in that position earlier this year and it really took me time to decide between the Altis and facelifted Innova. I went with the Altis primarily since i'll be using the car as a daily driver and for trips on paved highways. If i needed a bigger car to use, there are other cars available in our garage for that. If i did not have other cars to use when i need space, i would have definitely gone for the Innova.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vios 1.3 G A/T, Avanza 1.E G A/T or Innova 2.0 J Gas M/T