New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Mga Tsikoteers,

Patulong naman po. We are buying our first car. This time kasi we felt the need of having one kasi may baby na kami. Wala po kaming mag-asawa alam about cars kaya we went to this forum to ask for help. Buying a brand new car is a big investment so we need to think more than twice before choosing. We want an automatic car po. In our shortlist po are the following: Toyota Vios, Honda City, Hyundai Accent, and Ford Fiesta.

Pabigay naman po opinion/feedback/tips. Salamat po. God bless.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You might want to add the Honda JAZZ and Toyota YARIS to your list of cars.

The reason? The rear hatch gives you the option to carry bigger & more items in your car. It's not unusual for families with small babies to carry nearly the entire house in their car including the baby stroller, basket full of baby milk, bag full of baby clothes & diapers, etc.

Honda City 1.3L S A/T = P766,000
    Honda Jazz 1.3L A/T = P782,000
    Toyota Yaris 1.5 A/T = P766,000
    Toyota Vios 1.3L E A/T = P720,000
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 18th, 2011 at 01:06 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I have two daughters, one aged 3 and the other aged 6 months. We usually travel with alot of stuff kahit saan kami pumunta. Baby stroller, bags, clothes. Tapos may kasama 1 or 2 yaya depende sa layo at tagal ng trip. For our purpose, the 2009 Honda City 1.3S A/T serves us very well. Maluwag yung interior, cavernous trunk, nice interior, malamig na aircon, magandang sounds (may USB port na at bassy yung tunog) at tahimik na ride. And i'd like to add the fuel consumption is superb. It's giving me 15.2km/liter on the average. You should seriously consider it.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    honda jazz is would be a good choice. you can fit pretty much everything at the back.

i wouldn't recommend the vios, lalo na if you're going out of town. sobrang hirap sa uphill nagrereklamo na yun makina.

ford fiesta is cute but the additional features are "distracting" for me. the only thing i like about it is the engine support. bakal ang engine support nya unlike sa toyota and honda which are made of plastic

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ako naman, kung limted dun sa mga nilista mo ang choices mo,

i'd suggest to go for the vios for practical reasons

it'll get you to your destination kahit na hirap minsan (kung matarik ang inaakyat)

also, a hatch is good but you might want to consider the advantage of a car trunk esp kung me collision from the back

pero kung mag-consider ka ng iba, its best to get an mpv or auv (e.g. innova, adventure, etc. or even the avanza)

bigger cabin, more utilitarian, and maybe more family-friendly

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I agree with the Jazz but forget the Yaris very very small storage space tapos bench type pa at hindi 60-40 so not a very utilitarian vehicle at all... Fuel efficient though I will give it that...

Sa choices mo Honda City ako. Yung Accent ok din kaso parang may gusot sa engine eh. Namimili daw ng fuel...

Yung Fiesta medyo masikip sa 2nd row, not a car for a family man. The sedan version has good cargo space and might give the City a run for its money... Not as pretty as the hatch though...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I agree with Sir tidus on this one. The Fiesta sedan will make the buyer have second thoughts about buying the City. Good features and a bigger engine. The City though has twin airbags (Fiesta has only driver side), City has both aux and USB ports for music (Fiesta only has Aux). But the City comes in with an additional P100,000 on the price tag compared to the Fiesta. Fuel efficiency, City comes out the winner against the fiesta because of its smaller engine.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    CITY for the Win!... peron kung kaya pa dagdagan CIVIC na para hindi bitin sa power kahit AT

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXBadBoy View Post
    CITY for the Win!... peron kung kaya pa dagdagan CIVIC na para hindi bitin sa power kahit AT
    Pwede!!! Civic 1.8S woot woot!!! :D

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *jmflorante, based sa needs na sinabi mo at input ng mga kasamahan dito (esp tidus') ito ranking ko:

1. City
    2. Vios
    3. Accent
    4. Fiesta

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Vios 1.3 E A/T v City 1.3 S A/T v Accent 1.4 GL A/T v Fiesta Trend 1.6L 6PS