New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

I know this is not the same level/kind, but I found them to be almost the same price. What would you choose from the two? Are there known serious issues on Carens to look for? besides the Turbo? How about maintenance? and Km/L usage? Which costs more?

Carens Pros vs Jazz:
    - 7 seater
    - Diesel (2.0 though vs 1.5 Gas of Jazz)
    - Low Mileage (10K - 20Kms)

Jazz Pros vs Carens:
    - More Thrifty on Gas(?)
    - High Resale (H Badge)
    - AT
    - More Gadget (Audio Controls, paddle shifters)

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by LucasVN; March 6th, 2015 at 02:45 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    It depends on what your needs are. Would you know the year model of the Kia?

The Carens is a great vehicle to own. Pros: It's quick, sips fuel, has powerful 4-wheel disc brakes. It can accommodate 5 adults + 2 children. It has a huge luggage space with the rear seats down. Cons: Rubbery steering feel, grumpy sounding engine, poor sound deadening materials, average A/C, interior is too plasticky, suspension tuned for carrying additional passengers.

I had a loaner 2012 Jazz for a couple of weeks. Pros: Frugal, fun to drive around town. Points to where you steer it. The ULT seats are an engineering marvel. It's very simple to use. You can load almost anything in the Jazz with the rear seats up. It fits any parking space and more when you use the auto retracting side mirrors. I once squeezed it in a tiny parking space and egressed from the tailgate. Cons: choppy suspension, lacks suspension travel when you go over humps, dips or bridge transitions. At speed, steering has no tactile feel. It reminds me of one of those car racing arcade games. Grabby 4-wheel disc brakes need a bit of getting used to.

Hope this helps

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    It depends on what your needs are. Would you know the year model of the Kia?

The Carens is a great vehicle to own. Pros: It's quick, sips fuel, has powerful 4-wheel disc brakes. It can accommodate 5 adults + 2 children. It has a huge luggage space with the rear seats down. Cons: Rubbery steering feel, grumpy sounding engine, poor sound deadening materials, average A/C, interior is too plasticky, suspension tuned for carrying additional passengers.

I had a loaner 2012 Jazz for a couple of weeks. Pros: Frugal, fun to drive around town. Points to where you steer it. The ULT seats are an engineering marvel. It's very simple to use. You can load almost anything in the Jazz with the rear seats up. It fits any parking space and more when you use the auto retracting side mirrors. I once squeezed it in a tiny parking space and egressed from the tailgate. Cons: choppy suspension, lacks suspension travel when you go over humps, dips or bridge transitions. At speed, steering has no tactile feel. It reminds me of one of those car racing arcade games. Grabby 4-wheel disc brakes need a bit of getting used to.

Hope this helps

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for the reply. Carens is also 2012.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Carens for me. Basta ok ang turbo