New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRow View Post
    Las Pinas but dont mind travelling around to find the best deal.

I'm thinking of a 06-07 Fort - what should I look out for? What are the km/l of these mostly gas models?
    Fort gases have around 6-8km/l mostly its a gas guzzler
    06-07 have the matagtag suspension on the rear
    I will recommend just get the diesel one
    how's the 2 EXPLORER you inspected

don/t get korean suv it's a pain in the ass

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    How bout using echopatch itube for the v6 explorer. Do anyone using or tried this echopatch itube for v6 and v8 trucks thanks.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have a friend who drives a Fortuner gas. On a route of Taguig to Manila and back during rush hours, he complains that he spends 5k a week on gas if he drives it on a daily basis. If I were to get something that consumes this much, I might as well get something that has more power than a mere 160 horses.

I honestly have nothing against Korean SUVs. We have a 2011 SF R e-VGT and it's ran 54tkms already. Needless to say, still going strong. If you are OK with the Fort gas consumption and are into gas SUVs, I suggest you get the 2.7V6 Santa Fe instead.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    CX-7 is a headturner. Kaso kulang talaga ang looks ng CUV kapag walang roof rail. Just like the others said, have you considered the CX9? If you're willing to spend heavy on gas with the cx7, why not do it on an overall better drive with the v6 cx9?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sa Explorer if you are not turned off by the fuel consumption, maybe the price of spare parts and availability will..tsaka parang sirain..my sister has an E150,03 model parang suki ng talyer at madalas tumatawag dahil natirikan sila sa daan kailangan ng resbak, tapos iba iba daw yung nasisira at parang mahina trenta mil sa kada pagawa. Then may 2012 explorer sila yung new body na, last week nasa casa isang linggo,may naririnig daw na kalampag..

Pero kahit asarin ko na palitan nila, talagang di daw maikakaila na basta maayos lang kasarap daw kasi ng ride at space, pag nakatikim ka daw ng ford lahat ng auto parang masikip at maliit na daw..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    don/t get korean suv it's a pain in the ass
    Can you pls share more what do u mean with that? Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    600k ang budget ni TS, di siguro kakasya dun ang CX9. Other V6 CUVs like the Grand Vitara 3.2 and Outlander 3.0 would though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^ Aws may budget pala. Kahit yata cx7 di kasya 600k. Yan lang yata ang gas model ng mazda na hindi mababa ang resale value.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Yes sirs 600k budget.

Explorers are lovely, afterall they are 2.2M brand new but yes I am more concerned about high maintenance costs rather than gas. As much as I want to push for an Explorer, my brain is saying no and to go for one of the others.

I'm now shifting to a 2006 Fortuner and 2007-08 Everest - what do you all think? Maintenance costs? Not concerned about the ride because I've been driving a pickup for the past 5 years and the ride wasn't great lol.

About the fort and everest I mentioned, any issues down the line with them?

Thanks by the way for all the replies, everything taken constructively!

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Baka may tsamba ka sa 06-07 fieldmaster sa budget mo...kung may mahanap kang low mileage at all original, labanan mo na, ganda ng ride nun may soft medium hard setting yung suspension. Matibay pa at maraming piyesa
    Last edited by oliver1013; September 16th, 2014 at 01:44 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Used - 07-08 Ford Explorer vs 07-08 Ford Everest vs 10-11 Mazda CX-7 vs 08 Fortuner v