New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Hi.

I am looking for a fuel-miser small urban vehicle. I am choosing between the Celerio AT or the Spark AT. Aside from fuel consumption, the other things that I'd like feedback on are:

A. Aircon cooling power? In traffic situations, its the only thing which can keep me sane.
    B. Ride comfort? How does road potholes feel.
    C. Legroom at the back? For my relatives when I need to ferry them around town.

I am not looking for a speedy car or ipod connectivity. Just something to bring me from point A to point B in relative comfort.

Any feedback from actual usage/experience will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your postings.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    may ganito ng existing thread bro. check mo. kasama pa sa comparison ang alto.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    A. No idea about the two.
    B. Both of theme are comfortable but this is subjctive
    C. Celerio has a cramped backseat. The Spark has more than the Suzuki (tried the two already)

GOOD LUCK!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by esi94 View Post
    Hi.

I am looking for a fuel-miser small urban vehicle. I am choosing between the Celerio AT or the Spark AT. Aside from fuel consumption, the other things that I'd like feedback on are:

A. Aircon cooling power? In traffic situations, its the only thing which can keep me sane.
    Both cars have more than adequate aircon cooling power.

Celerio feels so-so over the bumps. The Spark feels good hitting potholes and bumps (rides like a bigger car) BUT the rear hatch does rattle somewhat at the same time (that did not happen in the Celerio).

Leg room... the Celerio is cramped at the back seats. Great if its only small kids but full size adults will want more space. As for the Spark, surprising an inch or two more gap between my knees and the front seat, but still width is limited to two full sized adults.

BTW, the ride quality is based when with only two people. I am not sure how well either car rides if there is four adults.

Any feedback from actual usage/experience will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your postings.
    My comments are based on my actual test drives of the cars within the last 12 months.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd suggest you go with the Spark. Its got more amenities, more space and the Autobot looks. But then, consider also the Kia Picanto. Very nice car with a frugal 1.0L 3 cylinder engine.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Picanto is actually the one car in the class that's bigger inside than the Spark. And it's more refined, too. Fuel economy is about what you'd expect with a simple four-speed automatic and a 1 liter engine... decent at urban speeds but not great on the highway (best I got was just 16-17 km/l ...not that bad compared to the 1.2 AT in the i10).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by esi94 View Post
    Hi.

I am not looking for a speedy car or ipod connectivity. Just something to bring me from point A to point B in relative comfort.

aircon: same
    comfort: spark
    legroom: spark

i used to work for suzuki and with sister dealership chevy turned freelance car broker. based on drives that we do including sturation personally i like the aesthetics of the celerio but space and ride comfort will be a plus for the spark. although the engine of the suzuki may be of india ( maruti) it is still reliable together with the under chassis strength (consider the road conditions in india) compared to the daewoo platform of chevy but then again just basing on your needs i will go for the spark.

most of my clients do go for the celerio though ( i guess due to the better financing deal that was available at the time) but as ghosthunter has put it the spark does feel like a larger car.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Picanto is actually the one car in the class that's bigger inside than the Spark. And it's more refined, too. Fuel economy is about what you'd expect with a simple four-speed automatic and a 1 liter engine... decent at urban speeds but not great on the highway (best I got was just 16-17 km/l ...not that bad compared to the 1.2 AT in the i10).

If we thrown in the Kia Picanto into the mix... I would agree with Niky that the Kia Picanto 1.0L would the better choice overall.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If we thrown in the Kia Picanto into the mix... I would agree with Niky that the Kia Picanto 1.0L would the better choice overall.
    right on! specially with the new aesthetics. looks like a grumpy character from a nintendo game with a lot of angst which makes it cool from all angles

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I guess I'll have to look at the Picanto too. For those who already have one, please chime in.

Thanks for those who have contributed their opinions.