New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Dear all,

I am choosing between the two (both diesel variant)

I have been to the hyundai casa and they gave a good deal on the tucson. Will be going tomorrow for the sportage to inquire.

Test drove the tucson diesel already and was quite surprised on the "hatak" and the "speed". I thought it was a gas engine at first!

Will be used by my mother for city driving most of the time

Questions are:

1. Which is more fuel efficient? Could you post figures? For city driving.
    * they are the same engine im sure, but the tucson has 4wd. Will that affect fuel consumption??

2. Does the sportage have same gear ratios as the tucson? I loved how the tucson drives.

3. How is the ride of the sportage compared to tucson?

4. I noticed that the sportage has lesser space at the back seat? Am i right?

5. Do they have the same maintenance parts?

Reason why im asking is it is hard to get a test drive on the sportage diesel. For me. Exterior and interior. Id go,with sportage. I am just almost sold on the tucson because of the name and reliability.

Thanks for answering!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Anyone???

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    1. Which is more fuel efficient? Could you post figures? For city driving.
    * they are the same engine im sure, but the tucson has 4wd. Will that affect fuel consumption?? More or less mas matipid and sportage pero very minimal lang to compare...baka nga hindi mapansin...

2. Does the sportage have same gear ratios as the tucson? I loved how the tucson drives. - No idea about this...

3. How is the ride of the sportage compared to tucson? - Mas soft ang ride ng tucson and mas firm or sportier and ride ng sportage

4. I noticed that the sportage has lesser space at the back seat? Am i right? - Initial look at the back of two vehicles, ,mas maliit ng onti ang sportage...

5. Do they have the same maintenance parts? - Almost the same.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    almost same yan twin brothers ika nga...

pero kung ako pipili, sportage na... mas pogi eh tsaka mas tatagal yung design nya compared sa tucson

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Mas maluwag trunk nang sporatge but mas maluwang nga kunti rear area nang tucson. Kahit saan dyan hindi ka magsisisi, best buy the 2wd version na lang para matipid.

Mazda CX5 4x2 would be a nice competitor as well IMHO.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sportage na. Everything is the same with the tucson, minor difference is a firmer ride for the sportage. Trunk space, very minimal naman difference nila.

The big difference is the pm schedule for crdi diesel engines. For hyundai tucson (i assume hari dealership ka kukuha if ever you choose this) it is 5000km/3 months. For kia sportage it is 5000km/6 months. So kung takot ka sa hyundai at susundin mo yung 3 months pm schedule nila then THE COST OF MAINTENANCE OF THE TUCSON IS TWICE THAT OF THE SPORTAGE.

Pag nabasa ni niky ito babanatan na naman ako na di pa nakakabili ng brand new kahit minsan.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Mas maluwag trunk nang sporatge but mas maluwang nga kunti rear area nang tucson. Kahit saan dyan hindi ka magsisisi, best buy the 2wd version na lang para matipid.

Mazda CX5 4x2 would be a nice competitor as well IMHO.
    Wala kasi 2wd version ang tucson para sa diesel e. kung meron lang.

She prefers a compact suv with a diesel engine. Thanks for suggesting though

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Sportage na. Everything is the same with the tucson, minor difference is a firmer ride for the sportage. Trunk space, very minimal naman difference nila.

The big difference is the pm schedule for crdi diesel engines. For hyundai tucson (i assume hari dealership ka kukuha if ever you choose this) it is 5000km/3 months. For kia sportage it is 5000km/6 months. So kung takot ka sa hyundai at susundin mo yung 3 months pm schedule nila then THE COST OF MAINTENANCE OF THE TUCSON IS TWICE THAT OF THE SPORTAGE.

Pag nabasa ni niky ito babanatan na naman ako na di pa nakakabili ng brand new kahit minsan.
    We are not that concerned about maintenance. May in house mekaniko kami/driver which can do change oils and he knows where to buy the parts. Parang sa fronte/seiring ba sinabi nya nun.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by parak21 View Post
    Wala kasi 2wd version ang tucson para sa diesel e. kung meron lang.

She prefers a compact suv with a diesel engine. Thanks for suggesting though
    Oo nga pala hehe. Sportage na yan.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    These 2 cars are very identical to each other if i were to choose it's no brainer sportage here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast