New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Need advice which one to choose? Almost same lang price. Ano ba overall L X W X H ng vios compared to yaris?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Definitely the Yaris.

The only reason to get a 1.3L-powered Toyota is because of fuel efficiency. It's the most fuel efficient 1.3 in the market, but only in MT form. Since AT ang tinitingnan mo, same lang ang fuel efficiency ng 1.5 Yaris and 1.3 Vios. Actually, based on what I'm reading here in the forums, the 1.5L Yaris is about 0.5 km/L more efficient than the 1.3 Vios G in city driving.

Advantages of the Yaris 1.5 over the Vios 1.3 G:

- Better engine (107 hp vs 85 hp, same fuel efficiency)
    - Better tires (Bridgestone Potenza RE080 vs Yokohama dB)
    - Passenger airbag
    - LED tail lamps
    - Folding rear seats
    - Looks better (personal opinion, you may or may not agree)

Yaris 1.5:

*image borrowed from kingsindian67

Vios 1.3 G:

*image borrowed from renzo_d10

Dimensions:
    Vios: 4300 mm x 1700 mm x 1460 mm
    Yaris: 3800 mm x 1695 mm x 1520 mm

Obviously the Yaris is shorter because it's a hatchback. Passenger space is similar with a slight advantage to the Vios.
    Last edited by jut703; June 1st, 2012 at 10:06 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thank you jut703 for your information. I agree with you, yaris looks better than vios. San dealer ba may display na yaris?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Di ko lang alam. Try calling your nearest Toyota dealer. Kung walang display unit, I'm sure they have one somewhere in their CASA. Wala namang waiting time ang Yaris eh.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yup, the 1.3L AT Vios' might not be as efficient as the 1.3L MT

AFAIK, 4AT kasi eh. Same lang naman with the Yaris but then, it has a bigger engine so less stress talaga.

Looks wise, frankly, I prefer the Yaris. But then, I find it too small for my needs. So I was inclined towards the Vios 1.3E MT.

Ang alam ko bringing that particular Yaris was just an honest mistake made by Toyota, originally yata iba talaga ang dapat na Yaris na dadalhin nila dito. So you might see the Yaris replaced soon. But then, I'm not sure at all. What I'm sure of is, mali yung nadating na Yaris dito since it was posted somewhere here & Autoindustriya as well.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *jut703, ok tnx for your advice. I'll try to check na lang dealers.

*renzo, ganun ba? Ano kaya ipapalit nila? Anyway, i plan to use the yaris from/to house/work. Meron pa naman the old reliable innova para sa maramihang karga.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    That I'm not sure of. Maybe an all-new Yaris?

Btw, you can contact my sales agent from Toyota Global City, he might give you a reasonable offer. Tell him renzo of tsikot recommended you to him.

Banggitin mo din that you have an existing Innova under your name, he might give you a loyalty discount.

William
    0917-884-9455

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ok. Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    May all-new Yaris na. Pero hindi pa released, at least not in Southeast Asia.

If you would look at the Yaris from Thailand, it's still the current model (like what we have here). They're usually the first when it comes to new models since they manufacture most of the company's lineup, so you can take solace that even Thailand still keeps the current Yaris.

In any case, eto yung new Yaris:

More pics here: http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...9/index10.html

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So sa interior space - mas malaki ba ang vios compared to the yaris or same lang? I'm talking about passenger space. Sa trunk, given na mas malaki ang vios talaga compared to the yaris.

And i read that they have the same underpinnings? Does this mean same parts - engine, suspension, drivetrain and sa body panel lang nagiiba or am I misunderstanding this?

Right now am thinking of whether to get a 2nd hand yaris vs 2nd hand vios. Main concern is cabin space
    Last edited by Chip; August 28th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toyota yaris 1.5 a/t (php 771k) vs toyota vios 1.3G a/t (Php 740k)