New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    torn between these two cars... it will be used as a daily driver (baguio)... with some out-of-town trips (once a month)... the special features are not that important to me... as long as it is fuel efficient and automatic...

medyo nakakaengganyo kasi yung promo ng toyota sa vios eh... parang mas mababa pa rate kesa bank...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Promo... yung low downpayment? Naku walang LTO registration, insurance and chattel yan. Expect to shell out 100K++ as initial payment pa rin.

On topic: kung kaya yung 1.5, sa 1.5 na.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    kung Baguio, you need that punch of power lalo na sa mababagal ang arangkada sa harap mo kapag nasa Marcos highway ka. You need more power when overtaking so sa 1.5 na ako.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    1.5 na if the budget permits...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by krinkx View Post
    torn between these two cars... it will be used as a daily driver (baguio)... with some out-of-town trips (once a month)... the special features are not that important to me... as long as it is fuel efficient and automatic...
    The Vios 1.5L is the better choice. The extra power will be handy when overtaking and simply making the pace of driving long distance more enjoyable.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    baguio? get the 1.5L.

extra power would prove useful on climbs.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thanks for the inputs... actually, i am really leaning into the 1.5 and trying my best to convince myself that i should go for the 1.3 thinking that in the long run, the fuel efficiency of the 1.3 will offset the lack of power... well... hehe...

will the 1.5 AT reach/approximate the consumption of the 1.3e AT? i was told by my brother that his vios is getting almost 13km/l on manila/quezon city/caloocan traffic... can the 1.5 AT reach such consumption in traffic?

*grail... yah nga... the lto, chattel and insurance will not be free but toyota financing is giving 10% down and the rest for 72 months amortization (at 25.5%) which banks in baguio cannot do... the closest i got to those values would be from metrobank at 20% down and 60 months (at 27.07%)... i havent asked toyota if they will make something free if i will have it financed by a bank... and metrobank told me that they will still charge me for the chattel mortgage, insurance and possibly even the lto...

really not sure if these are good deals....

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Pag maraming akyat-baba sa dinadaanan mong roads sa baguio, then I would think that the fuel efficiency would be almost the same for both 1.5 and 1.3. Pag nahihirapan kasi ang makina, one needs to rev it more, and in doing so, you will conume more gas than in a car that doesn't require the heavy revving.

tingin ko 1.5 ang better choice.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Equal lang ang fuel economy ng 1.3L and 1.5L in real world driving... Kasi what the 1.5L gains in engine size it more than makes it up for better power to weight ratio...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by krinkx View Post
    thanks for the inputs... actually, i am really leaning into the 1.5 and trying my best to convince myself that i should go for the 1.3 thinking that in the long run, the fuel efficiency of the 1.3 will offset the lack of power... well... hehe...

will the 1.5 AT reach/approximate the consumption of the 1.3e AT? i was told by my brother that his vios is getting almost 13km/l on manila/quezon city/caloocan traffic... can the 1.5 AT reach such consumption in traffic?

*grail... yah nga... the lto, chattel and insurance will not be free but toyota financing is giving 10% down and the rest for 72 months amortization (at 25.5%) which banks in baguio cannot do... the closest i got to those values would be from metrobank at 20% down and 60 months (at 27.07%)... i havent asked toyota if they will make something free if i will have it financed by a bank... and metrobank told me that they will still charge me for the chattel mortgage, insurance and possibly even the lto...

really not sure if these are good deals....
    I was also offered that deal kaya alam ko hahaha. Turned it down because I felt false advertisement lang. :D

For highway and uphill climbs, FC for the 1.5 should be better than the 1.3, especially under full load. I have heard no reports on the FC of 1.3AT here, but it should not be far from the 1.5AT. Kung mahina ang hatak ng 1.3 na manual for Vios, mas lalo na in AT so you should get comparable figures and I think the 1.5 should get slightly better figures in the long run.

Offtopic:
    You could get a better deal for a Rio. It has good power for its 1.4 engine, drives better and imo looks better. Only drawback is the absence of ABS and airbags. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
vios 1.3e or vios 1.5 (both AT)