New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 224
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,465
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    Thanks man, honestly i like the mirage more but glx variant doesn't have abs and eps unlike the wigo and with fuel efficiency of course mirage is better. With wigo it'a toyota higher resale value and more reliable(?)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All Mirage have EPS. Though the GLX really doesn't have ABS. The Mirage feels more premium than the Wigo. For me, the Wigo is more of a toy than a car. And when it comes to resale, it depends upon how the car was received by the market. With that, I say they are about even. Of course, the Mirage will command more because of its slightly higher acquisition cost. Percentage wise, I think both will hold about the same amount on its resale values. I'm predicting the Wigo will also be a hit. So resale will also be good.
    Last edited by basti08; February 21st, 2014 at 01:46 PM.

  2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    375
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    All Mirage have EPS. Though the GLX really doesn't have ABS. The Mirage feels more premium than the Wigo. For me, the Wigo is more of a toy than a car. And when it comes to resale, it depends upon how the car was received by the market. With that, I say they are about even. Of course, the Mirage will command more because of its slightly higher acquisition cost. Percentage wise, I think both will hold about the same amount on its resale values. I'm predicting the Wigo will also be a hit. So resale will also be good.
    I see, I am really worried about the glx not having ABS but still I'd pick the mirage over the wigo. Looking at the GLS which has the ABS is more than 100k of the GLX variant plus i dont like the push to start system btw when was ABS first introduced? Cause we have lots of old cars and one mazda 3 with ABS and I don't feel any big difference in driving.
    Thanks again man



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,472
    #23
    ABS can only be felt when you're driving fast on a wet road and the jeep in front of you suddenly stops to pick up passengers.

    It's nice to have. ABS has been around for a long time. IIRC the B13 Sentra was one of the first (Japanese) cars available here to have it.

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,465
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    ABS can only be felt when you're driving fast on a wet road and the jeep in front of you suddenly stops to pick up passengers.

    It's nice to have. ABS has been around for a long time. IIRC the B13 Sentra was one of the first (Japanese) cars available here to have it.
    B13 Sentra and GE 626 (both 1993) were the 1st to offer ABS equipped brakes.

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,181
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    ABS can only be felt when you're driving fast on a wet road and the jeep in front of you suddenly stops to pick up passengers.
    kala ko kahit sa dry road conditions nakakatulong rin sya for emergency maneuvers.

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,472
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    kala ko kahit sa dry road conditions nakakatulong rin sya for emergency maneuvers.
    Nakakatulong din naman pero you have to be driving very fast for your tires to lock. In our typical Philippine setting mas mararamdaman sya on wet roads.

  7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    375
    #27
    So kung maingat ka naman mag drive kahit wala na siguro ABS ang mga sir,ek,eg meron ba nito? Sila kasi karaniwan humahataw


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    405
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    kala ko kahit sa dry road conditions nakakatulong rin sya for emergency maneuvers.
    It also helps in paved but stricken with dirt or sand roads. even in dirt roads its quite helpful. Been driving our old school patrol since high school (without ABS) but haven't heen in a damning situation that needed abs really, but I'd surely like to have it in my old school rig...

    BTT: I'd choose the mirage over the wigo, but the one with ABS.
    :D

  9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,371
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    So kung maingat ka naman mag drive kahit wala na siguro ABS ang mga sir,ek,eg meron ba nito? Sila kasi karaniwan humahataw


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sa ek ko vti as far as i know walang abs. abs is a good to have feature pero para sa akin, nasa driver pa din iyan.

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    172
    #30
    we have both the mirage GLS CVT and Wigo G M/T ..all I can say is..both cars has its pros and cons..the mirage has more center feel and sedan like driving experience...the wigo doesnt shake so violently at start up unlike the mirage .... the Wigo has better suspension and less blind spots..it feels like a minivan inside.. the handgrips are great.. the HU is the same with the mirage..AVT..but the Wigo is GPS ready only...

    You can feel the power or the lack of it sa wigo once you reach beyond the 100 mark on the highway... I dont like the wigos old school antenna and door locks...toyota shor changed us on that one....the trunk space is about the same sa mirage since the spare tire is also situated underneath the trunk..but the mirages 60/40 split type rear seats makes it more versatile... I saw the Grand I10 as well but the price is ludacris... If you love driving around the city use the Wigo..if you love driving and spirited driving get the mirage IMHO :D

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Toyota Wigo G AT   or  Mitsubishi Mirage GLX AT