242 48.69%
  • CITY

223 44.87%
  • Others (Matrix, Lynx, Aveo)

32 6.44%
Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for P659K... you're still buying a 1.3 liter engined car.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the I-dsi engine is not like the mainstream engines of Honda wherein you have to keep the RPMs high up just to get power... in fact ang sinasabi pa nga ng HCPi is that it has brought down the powerband to a more useful RPM.... hence no need to mash the pedal to get in the power range.

For me.. wala pa akong masasabi kung alin ang mas maganda.. havent seen both up front.. kaya i dont have any basis....

the only advice i can give is.. test drive both... check out how you fit in with the car... kung ano magustuhan mo.. suportahan taka...hehehe:mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd wait for C! to review both cars first. as you know, reviews by those so called motoring journalists are sugarcoated.

the new city looks kinda interesting, i just dunno on how their CVT behaves. does it have the modes to choose from? just basing from the fact that the A/T of honda sucks big time.

but for my money, i'd rather get a exalta or a lynx. both are already tried and proven. or if you're adventurous, try the rio hatch, the facelifted model looks nice.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wonder if Honda and Toyota will offer a test drive day for their cars, just like when Toyota released the Altis... :?:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw, my take on Honda's City 1.3 with 7 speed CVT is this...

It has 7 gear settings to maintain the engine near its top RPM range to help it accelerate. This would probably mean the 1.3 DSi engine doesn't have much power below a certain RPM point, remember its tuned for fuel efficiency and not power. Assuming redline would be around 6500rpm (I haven't seen the tach guage of the city yet), power would be from 4500 to redline. Below that, the engine would probably be sluggish as compared to other 1.3 engines.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    if the city's CVT behaves anything like that offered by the current lancer MX, it should do pretty well. from what i've heard, the lancer can sprint to 3 digit speeds in less than 10 seconds.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i've seen the vios on the move earlier coming from the sta rosa plant. it looks good. the front (if fitted with quad lamps) looks better than the altis', the rear on the other hand is reminiscent of the echo hatch. as for power, i guess it can deliver, we were cruising at 3 digit speeds all the way to alabang and it didn't break a sweat (of course, it was the 1.5G variant though). acceleration was quick, this, judging by the exit from the toll plaza onto the pavement of the SLEX itself.

now, if only i could get to test drive it ... :roll:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there was a test drive sa westgate car show last saturday.... didnt get to drive it though......interior looks ok... much like an echo setup..... engine bay layout is neat.... engine looks bigger with the valve cover.. ehehe. pero sa ilalim.. parang ang liit...

as i've said... power from the I-Dsi engine is no longer at the 4500RPM... more like aroudn 2800RPM... like toyotas.

but i still have to reserve my judgement till i've seen and test drove both.. ehhehe

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    HBOY,

nandun ka ba sa westgate..di kita nakita..

gaganda ng ng mga oldschool benz dun..haaayy..

okay din looks ng vios..nandun di ung 2 nyang kuya..alits and camry..ganda....:twisted:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup.. was there from 11AM-9PM saturday... ehehe. sa club namin yung mga MBs dun.... hehee.. sa akin yung pula (maroon actually with euro plates)na may tama sa hood! (courtesy of a mishap on the way there... bwiset talaga)..bwahaha..

nandun ka pala!

Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Toyota Vios vs. Honda City [Merged]