242 48.69%
  • CITY

223 44.87%
  • Others (Matrix, Lynx, Aveo)

32 6.44%
Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it depends on what CVT design was used in the City. Older designs have proven to break after a few years of daily use.

As for the 7 speeds for the CVT, more gears doesn't mean better. It just means you have to keep the 1.3 engine reving high to get the car get going. Its probably meant to improve 0-60mph acceleration times but in real life driving, it might be a headache to use...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    she's planning to get the top os the line A/T, I guess we have to look at the vios first before deciding.... thanks!!! ang tagal kasi ng reviews

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO, opinions of others would come second in deciding which car to purchase. It is better to appreciate your choice when you actually take a look at both cars and test drive it to really really determine your choice. Only if you made calculated judgement then you'll know that you'll be very satisfied with your choice. Both cars have their good and maybe not satisfying side but the thing is you are the master of your decision. I drive a Honda and I'm satisfied on what I really need in a car at this moment.8)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    vios! aside from looks, feeling ko kasi e cvt + 2 spark plugs per cylinder = higher maintentance costs. although ok ung features ng city lalo na yung backseat. chain drive din ba ang sa vios?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    she's planning to get the top os the line A/T, I guess we have to look at the vios first before deciding.... thanks!!! ang tagal kasi ng reviews
    if thats the idea (top of the line A/T), you should have a test drive of the cars in question to settle any questions. And I mean test drive and not jsut sitting in the car in the showroom. This way you'll know how the car feels like on the road when you are driving it everyday. I'm sure the Honda City 1.3 DSI with 7 speed CVT (86hp) will really feel inadequate against the Toyota VIOS 1.5 vvti A/T (115hp).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    if thats the idea (top of the line A/T), you should have a test drive of the cars in question to settle any questions. And I mean test drive and not jsut sitting in the car in the showroom. This way you'll know how the car feels like on the road when you are driving it everyday. I'm sure the Honda City 1.3 DSI with 7 speed CVT (86hp) will really feel inadequate against the Toyota VIOS 1.5 vvti A/T (115hp).
    we're going to do a test drive tom. I guess parang nga mahirap imaintain yun city.

thanks everybody.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vios, Vios, Vios, Vios

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it were up to me, i'd get a City. Mahina yung engine but with CVT naman. Styling is also way better than the Vios, which looks so conventional (based on Pics, havent seen the Vios in real metal).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd take the City over the Vios. parang mas ok yung itnerior at exterior ng city.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    City na. kahit mahina yung HP, nasa 2800 rpm ang peak ng torque kaya tingin ko ok din ito for city driving.

Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Toyota Vios vs. Honda City [Merged]