242 48.69%
  • CITY

223 44.87%
  • Others (Matrix, Lynx, Aveo)

32 6.44%
Page 1 of 86 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my GF is planning to buy either one, she's just waitng for the prices and she is asking me kung ano pipiliin niya, I really don't know kung ano mas maganda, though I've seen the city in Honda Magallanes, ok naman siya... but still can't make up what to buy, so suggest naman kayo kung ano mas maganda pareho lang kasi tingin ko sa dalawa, parang yun brand lang ang nagiba :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang price range ng vios is 550k-650k. sa city naman, 550k-679k.

if you're gonna get the top of the line model, i'd go for the vios kasi 1.5L sya, 1.3L lang sa city... mas mura pa yung price ng toyota.

i haven't scene the interior of the vios in person pa, pero di ko trip ang interiorng city, lalo no yung door sidings, parang ang daling madumihan kasi beige na cloth type yung material.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang city mukhang mahal ang maintenace Every 6months yata kailangan ipacheck Ang belt sa CVT transmission. Pero mas modern talaga ito, plus 3 years warranty!

Toyota VIOS ok naman kaya lang she may have a hard time to the middle gauge(pero ako hindi :P ). pero i swear malakas ang 1.5 liter engine na VVT-i (1NZ-FE) same engine kasi sa ECHO per we dont know if they have the same weight.

my vote:

TOYOTA VIOS, traditional styling and engine, simple car lang for simple pricing

Then again how about suzuki jimny?
    Yung ang choice ko sa mga supersubcompact

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    vios ako..gusto ko un ang cute cute..!!

saka sarap ng makina..1.5L VVT-i..tsalap tsalap..

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    i go for Toyota... kasi alam ko mas mura ang piyesa ng toyota compared to honda.. kahit pareho silang new model..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    choose the Toyota VIOS.

Both the City & Vios 1.3 models have approx 85HP but the Vios is 100KG lighter than the City which would translate to quicker acceleration OR better fuel economy.

The upper model has the City still having the 1.3 engine but with 7 speed CVT while the Vios having a 1.5 liter VVTI engine with 115HP and automatic tranny. Both cars still weight approximately the same as their 1.3 version so the VIOS is still lighter by 100KG.

Personally I view the 7 speed CVT tranny as a negative because it means the engine is very underpowered and would be needed to be pushed hard to get any power from it hence 7 gears to keep it in the higher RPMs. Typical Honda engines lack power at low RPMs.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahal din ang parts ng 1NZFE

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    mas maganda yung style ng vios kaysa sa city. i dont like the city's shortened "nguso". its looking more like a futuristic Kia car. go for toyota.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no offense peeps but these are my opinions on the following cars, i presently drive a honda and i have also owned a toyota. para lang hindi bias.

the new city is truly generations ahead of the previous model, what i like about it is its list i mean a loooong list of features(7-spd cvt, new body, new engine, new suspension, ultra seat, electric power steering, etc) and with only a price range of 550 - 670k(am i right?)its a lot of bang for ur buck. plus the honda prestige not to mention it has a 3 tr. warranty
    what i dont like is what other peeps have mentioned b4; the beige interior looks airy; looks like its a pain in the a#$ to maintain , another one is the engine, it seems honda changed the image of the city from being sporty to economy. lets just hope the mileage that they claim is true. just look at it this way: previous 1.3 city has 95 hp / new 1.3 city ONLY has 88 hp?

the vios aside from endorsed by britney, looks more sporty, it is indeed with a more powerful vvti engine to boot. and i also like the fact that it looks like a "baby" altis.
    the center-mounted instrument console is reminiscent of the now defunct echo, feels like ur really driving the car not the dashboard.
    another plus factor is the excellent after-market service and the availability of affordable spare parts.
    what i dont like is i think toyota left all the features in the plant in a hurry to compete with the introduction of the new city. it looks pretty ordinary compared to the city with its long list of standard features. what the heck looks cute anyway.

take a picture of the vios & city and put them side by side & you'll notice that it looks like they came from the same mold only with different badges. :mrgreen::roll:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cvt = efficient. less powertrain losses than a slushbox, and it doesn't mean just 7 speeds. it means an infinite number of gears that keeps the car in the optimum powerband for more power and efficiency.

it has been proven that a cvt will out-accelerate a manual using exactly the same engine, and then be more economical to run at the same time.

still, the vios does have 27 more hp and that's a big factor. i guess we'll have to wait for the reviews to come in.

Page 1 of 86 123451151 ... LastLast
Toyota Vios vs. Honda City [Merged]