New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ano ba mas worth buying and keeping the car for another 3 years? family use lang... vios 1.5g or nissan gsx? tnx.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Brand new ba to o 2nd hand?

The Vios will have better resale value in the long run. Reliability is also very much established with this model, especially considering that nothing mechanical has changed.

If we're talking about the current gen (old) Vios, the GSX would be more spacious and comfortable. You also get better quality of materials as compared to the Vios's toy plastic interior. But then get this only if its for keeps. If you're planning to sell soon, you will likely loose a lot of money.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    considering i have to get a 2nd hand, which is a better one for family use which we could also bring to province occassionally? which has got a better fuel efficiency?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    marami nagsasabi na wag daw isipin resale value. If this holds true in your case, Nissan gsx is much better than the vios. but if your like me that takes into account resale value, get the vios.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    another consideration in mind is that they are both used as taxis (vios 1.3 and nissan gx) which can be interpreted as spare parts availability is not a concern.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I think the GSX is a good one, I've read na hindi daw ganun kaganda FC nito. But I am not so sure. My officemate has no complaints on his GSX. But since 3 years ang target mong dispatcha ng auto, I'd take the vios.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bok_yo View Post
    considering i have to get a 2nd hand, which is a better one for family use which we could also bring to province occassionally? which has got a better fuel efficiency?
    How much is your budget? Usually how many people will be riding?

Assuming that they are both in good condition and use a manual tranny, the Vios should give better gas mileage. Besides, if I am not mistaken, the Sentra requires more expensive 95 RON fuel.

If you need space along with good fuel economy and resale value, perhaps you should be considering the Altis instead.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i am a new vios owner, but in this case Sentra GSX is a better choice.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    why worry about the cheap resale value of the nissan, when you bought it cheap in the first place?
    and another thing... nissan has bigger passenger space than vios.
    but vios does seem to have better fuel efficiency, if the internet is to be believed..
    passenger space versus fuel efficiency... nothing is free, it seems.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why worry about the cheap resale value of the nissan, when you bought it cheap in the first place?
    and another thing... nissan has bigger passenger space than vios.
    but vios does seem to have better fuel efficiency, if the internet is to be believed..
    passenger space versus fuel efficiency... nothing is free, it seems.
    yes, there is a trade off in everything. you cannot have the best of both worlds.

Pero IMHO, kung normally mag isa ka lang at ang habol mo is FC, vios is the winner, pero kung lagi ka may kasabay Sentra is the winner. but of course, both cars are good and reliable. i have both vios and sentra (not GX but the FE) and i enjoy driving our sentra.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast