New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    vios! i'd rather stick with jap cars wherin parts are easier to source out.
    I agree...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    BTW, its funny but people who advocate japanese cars end up modifying their Japanese rides to look like a EUROPEAN car.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Vios for me too, i had already driven both cars

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    looked at and compared the vios, city, optra also but found out that for the same price of the vios 1.5 - i can get a lancer glx with 1.6 engine, airbag, disc brakes, bigger interior space so i got that instead great value for only 650k+

5. Heretic Guest
    With the cars you've mentioned, Vios would be the better choice.

But with your budget, Hyundai Matrix (space, power and fuel consumption).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    definitely vios over the optra... \m/

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted
    looked at and compared the vios, city, optra also but found out that for the same price of the vios 1.5 - i can get a lancer glx with 1.6 engine, airbag, disc brakes, bigger interior space so i got that instead great value for only 650k+
    good choice.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hey, guys you've been great! Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. /no1

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    so what are you buying? ..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Have you decided? If not I would like to add some comments. Both car look good, but if you plan to use it for 5 years...class and safety is an impt factor then go for the optra. Optra is a compact car, real competitors are the Altis, Civic, Lancer, sentra, lynx while Vios is a sub-compact car. Optra is a gas drinker it average only 6 to 8 km/liter, you really can't blame it, it weights 300 kg more than a Vios and 100 kg more than a Altis or Civic. The car got very thick fender for safety. Then again, Toyota is a more reliable brand, its vehicle are always tougher and Vios is toyota. If resale is a big factor go for Vios.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Toyota Vios 1.5G or Chevrolet Optra 1.6? Pls Help...