New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi,

I'm planning to buy a new car with a tight budget. I was looking online and saw Toyota Vios 1.3 J and Kia Rio 1.2 LX to be on the same price range. What I'm looking for is fuel efficient and low cost maitenance car. I don't mind the Vios to look like a taxi what I'm after for is the reliabilty of the car.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by max98 View Post
    Hi,

I'm planning to buy a new car with a tight budget. I was looking online and saw Toyota Vios 1.3 J and Kia Rio 1.2 LX to be on the same price range. What I'm looking for is fuel efficient and low cost maitenance car. I don't mind the Vios to look like a taxi what I'm after for is the reliabilty of the car.

Thanks.
    Well if you're looking for reliability go for a vios, I can't say much with Rio since I don't own one.

Napakadaling maghanap ng parts para sa vios, kahit sang lupalop ka ata may makikita ka.

I own a 2010 1.3J.

My FC is about 8-9km/l pure city driving
    In the highway I managed to go for 14-16km/l

For maintenance, medyo taga nga lang sa casa (halos lahat naman)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Looks like you're just looking for an appliance to get you from point A to point B with no fuss. So the Vios is the safer choice for you.

Personally though, I can't stand the ubiquity of the Vios and I'd gladly pick the Rio over it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    O.T did you heard about the new release vios 1.3J(Limited)? which comes with alloy wheels and fog lamps?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    You can never be wrong with the vios!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Rio actually has a better back seat and a bigger trunk, but if you don't need either, you'll be more satisfied with the extra power of the Vios.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    while cosmetics wise, i like the look of the rio, practicality wise, the vios would be the safer choice.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sa FC kaya?

pag same sila ok lang siguro
    pero kung mas matakaw sa gas ang rio lx knowing 1.2 engine sya versus 1.3 vios bad na yun

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Call me biased since I own a Vios (1.3E MT) but practicality wise, it wins over the Rio bigtime. The 2NZ-FE (1.3L Vios engine) has been on our shores for quite a time (Toyota Vitz has this engine already if I'm not mistaken) so parts are really abundant. Add to that the numerous taxi cabs we have. Though it only has 85hp and 122Nm of torque on paper, the Vios pulls quite exceptionally well. Perfect for city driving and good when on the highway. It's not a race car so it doesn't go as fast as the Civic but due to its light body the 85hp engine & 122Nm is more than enough for your usual around-the-city trips.

Quote Originally Posted by timrev View Post
    sa FC kaya?

pag same sila ok lang siguro
    pero kung mas matakaw sa gas ang rio lx knowing 1.2 engine sya versus 1.3 vios bad na yun
    Same with ronki, lowest I got was 8.2km/L and the it was all day traffic (no exaggerations) and my odo then was a bit over 1000kms. Right now, odo at 2400kms, FC doesn't fall below 9km/L anymore. Recent fill-up (full tank method) gave me a 9.7km/L consumption. Conditions were the same as above, rush hour traffic all day everyday. :lol:

But on the highway I managed to get 18.5km/L and my average speed was 110kph with a number of runs to 140kph.

I used to say that barebones-to-barebones comparison the Rio looks better but today I won't. With the latest 1.3J Limited available I believe it's one of the best-looking basic car available around.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; October 24th, 2012 at 10:48 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by max98 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Vios. But do yourself a favor. Get the J Limited instead. For an additional 10K, you get 15" mags and tires and foggies. Add to that, it has all window power mechanism, unlike the front only of the Rio and slightly larger and most importantly, proven engine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast