Nissan X-Trail...

Or... Mitsubishi Strada... :hihihi:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    appreciate sensible inputs..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    any soft-roader SUV / cute-ute can perform your request... mamili ka na lang kung ano kasya sa budget mo... basta don't expect a super car-like ride... kung gusto mo talaga comfort... get a mid size sedan...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vsm712 View Post
    i know medyo paulit ulit na itong topic na ito pero i would need inputs lang sana regarding sa ride ng mga rav4 and escape. i've read many threads na sinasabi na oks ang escape eh da best ang ride comfort while ang rav 4 fun to drive... if i were to drive from manila to tarlac, would i feel big diff sa dalawa in terms of comfort sa ride? kase if sobrang sakit lang sa katwan rav4 eh why get it...sa escape naman pano magiging comfort kung naman aircon eh pahirap... so if the ride ng rav4 eh di naman ganun kalaki diff compared sa ride ng escape sa mga ganun kahabang biyahe eh i might opt for rav4 nalang than escape...

what you think? note na talagang i want to be comfortable sa ride kase habang biyahe...
    When you say comfort what exactly do you mean? It can mean suspension, driver ergonomics, etc. as someone mentioned any small suv will ride just about the same in a long ride. The X-trail, CRV, RAV4, Escape are all the same ride wise with negligible differences. What you may be looking for is driver comfort which fits in the ergonomics.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vsm712 View Post
    appreciate sensible inputs..
    Sorry... but you were asking for a comfortable ride... and according to many, the X-Trail does have one of the most comfort-oriented rides amongst CUVs.

Most CUVs have similar rides... better than AUVs or full-frame SUVs, but a little stiffer or bouncier than sedans because of the extra weight and heavy duty rear suspension. AFAIK, the CRV and current RAV4 are among the stiffest in the rear.

The X-Trail has a reasonably soft suspension, good for long trips, supposedly, but has less of the "fun to drive" factor of some other CUVs.

----

Is your choice limited to the Escape and RAV4 only? And are you looking at these cars secondhand or brand new? The new RAV4 is pretty expensive compared to the Escape.

The old RAV4 is kind of stiff, and supposedly sporty. The new one is still stiff, but quite big. The Escape may be a bit more comfortable, but it handles quite well, being based on the same platform as the Mazda6.

If you're considering 4x2 models, I'd suggest getting the Mazda Tribute. It's a bit prettier, and you get more engine choices in 4x2 (4x4 is a waste if you don't go off-road)... they're exactly the same, anyway, minus some body panels and cladding. (EDIT: the Tribute and Escape, I mean...)

Kung secondhand ang pinapag-usapan... the previous RAV4 is more fuel efficient than most CUVs, and despite being a little smaller, is big enough, for me.
    Last edited by niky; December 24th, 2006 at 01:48 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    haha I think sir niky is gracious enough to provide a gracious answer... kung ako yan... flame na agad yung sumumbat.... hahahaha

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    haha I think sir niky is gracious enough to provide a gracious answer... kung ako yan... flame na agad yung sumumbat.... hahahaha
    i second the motion........and i agree with nicky.....mazda tribute when it comesto comfort......merry xmas.....peace

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It's actually up to your preferences. You seem to have it narrowed down to 2 choices so you should have taken a look at the others already right? Personal choice would be the Rav4. I like the styling and the new look Rav doesn't really differ much.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Hehehe... flip naman talaga ang original answer ko... so, tinama ko lang ang pagkakamali ko. Di naman ako mayabang... not all the time, anyway...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sir niky..appreciate the gesture..thanks....and appreciate the inputs.

sa lahat din ng nagbigay ng inputs thanks...

actually medyo nga narrowed lang sa 2 choice ako..escape or rav 4 both i plan to get yung 2nd hand lang nila na 4x2 MT.

gusto ko porma ng escape over the mazda tribute and even sa rav4 in the sense na parang may macho dating ng escape...but i heard din na daming problem sa escape so medyo i also doubt yung durability and realibilty nya...

sa rav4 medyo maliit dating sa akin pero i like din yung porma..though di naman big issue ang space sa akin so oks lang na di siya ganun kalaki...ang parang nagdadalawang isip ako dito eh yung matagtag daw na ride na you would really feel mga potholes pag nadaan ka..unlike sa escape daw hindi...

pero are you guys telling me na sa long drive like manila to tarlac eh you really can't tell the diff sa suspension ng escape and rav in terms of yung comfort level na makukuha mo sa dalawa? if answer is yes, then i might just go for the rav4 kase alam ko kahit paano eh durable and reliable ito..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Toyota Rav4 vs. Ford Escape