New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by splerdu
    RAV4! but not the 4x2 J version... it looks cheap. get the original 4x4 one.
    dude, la naman j version ang 4x2... SV un...

yung j series ay 4x4 na orig with stainless mesh and rear spoiler...

defensive ba? :D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    go for CRV. Yung limited edition na black para mas ok dating. Angat ka sa engine kasi you get a 2.0 liter compared to a 1.8 liter ng Rav 4. Isa pa, medyo matagal ng model ang Rav 4 kaya baka mapalitan na siya in the near future.

In terms of space, hindi lang ako sure kung nababaklas or nafofold yung 3rd row seat, kung oo, ok na din.

Sa Rav 4 naman, looks angat na angat saka yung interior. Kaya lang, I go for speed din kasi and I think the 2 WD model is slow considering pareho lang sila ng laki nung 4 WD version. <--- (not sure)

If you plan to get the 4 WD version, get a Pajero instead. Sobrang layo in any aspect. Dikit pa sa price. Choose wisely.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    N.B. Pajero is no longer 4WD!

Anyway, the answer is actually a giveaway. Sa itsura pa lang, RAV na talaga. Interior also looks better. The 1.8-liter engine may be less powerful than the CR-V's 2.0, but performance difference will not be significant, and the RAV should edge the CR-V in terms of fuel economy. Also, it's been known for decades that Toyotas are the cheapest cars to maintain. They are also said to be the most durable vehicles on earth.

Also, don't be misled that you can always seat 10 people in the CR-V. For one thing, it is just based on a Civic chassis and unlike the Revo or Crosswind, it's not tough in carrying load or passengers. Real AUVs are really made to haul. The CR-V has been downgraded to AUV level so that Honda can sell it at a cheaper price. There is no 4WD option unlike the RAV.

Just my 2 cents.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RAV4 astig ang dating.... :mrgreen:
    ang sama ng bumber ng CRV... plastic na plastic ang dating...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Squala, I do know na hindi na 4 WD ang Pajero. Even though this is the case, it is still way better than a RAV 4. Dagdag ka ng around 150k solve na. Kaya nga nagkalat Pajero sa kalsada at kaunti lang RAV 4. Most probably ito rin ang naisip nila lalo na kung hulugan mo naman babayaran. Halos hindi mo na mararamdaman yung 150k difference.

I don't think na hindi significant ang hp and performance gain between a 1.8 and a 2.0. Considering that Honda's engines are really made for speed, performance and economy (yung sa CR-V). In terms of fuel economy, I do not know kung papaano madedetermine kung sino ang mas matipid. Pero in line with common sense, mas madalas, mas matipid ang mas mababa. It is better to compare the RAV 4 4 WD version w/ CR-V dahil sila ang parehong 2.0.

With regards to your AUV argument, consumers din naman ang nakinabang dahil sa pagbababa ng price. Hindi lahat ng tao kaya bumili ng 1M plus na sasakyan and this is a great opportunity to get one na mas mura pero same quality. There is no sense of declaring the true state of the car kung yung taxes hindi mo naman alam saan mapupunta.

And again, matagal na sa market ang RAV 4. Yung J series siguro parang yung Pajero na limited edition rin. In case of the Pajero, malapit na siyang mapalitan. Buti nalang at nagrelease ng 2 WD version for the RAV 4 kaya sumabit yung mga 4 WD. Hindi naman tama na ngayon sila magpalit ng model dahil bago pa yung 2 WD variant.

In terms of price, I think you also need to expect na you will get more ng kaunti sa RAV 4 dahil mas mahal naman talaga siya. Pero, mas mura talaga parts and maintenance ng Toyota. Diyan talung-talo ibang car brands.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Squala, I do know na hindi na 4 WD ang Pajero. Even though this is the case, it is still way better than a RAV 4. Dagdag ka ng around 150k solve na. Kaya nga nagkalat Pajero sa kalsada at kaunti lang RAV 4. Most probably ito rin ang naisip nila lalo na kung hulugan mo naman babayaran. Halos hindi mo na mararamdaman yung 150k difference.

I don't think na hindi significant ang hp and performance gain between a 1.8 and a 2.0. Considering that Honda's engines are really made for speed, performance and economy (yung sa CR-V). In terms of fuel economy, I do not know kung papaano madedetermine kung sino ang mas matipid. Pero in line with common sense, mas madalas, mas matipid ang mas mababa. It is better to compare the RAV 4 4 WD version w/ CR-V dahil sila ang parehong 2.0.

With regards to your AUV argument, consumers din naman ang nakinabang dahil sa pagbababa ng price. Hindi lahat ng tao kaya bumili ng 1M plus na sasakyan and this is a great opportunity to get one na mas mura pero same quality. There is no sense of declaring the true state of the car kung yung taxes hindi mo naman alam saan mapupunta.

And again, matagal na sa market ang RAV 4. Yung J series siguro parang yung Pajero na limited edition rin. In case of the Pajero, malapit na siyang mapalitan. Buti nalang at nagrelease ng 2 WD version for the RAV 4 kaya sumabit yung mga 4 WD. Hindi naman tama na ngayon sila magpalit ng model dahil bago pa yung 2 WD variant.

In terms of price, I think you also need to expect na you will get more ng kaunti sa RAV 4 dahil mas mahal naman talaga siya. Pero, mas mura talaga parts and maintenance ng Toyota. Diyan talung-talo ibang car brands.

Kanya-kanya lang yan... :mrgreen:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung gustong maging elite, go with the Cayenne or Touareg...... pare-parehong pang masa ang CR-V at RAV4. Classified nga sila as "compact" SUV hindi ba? Ang Civic, Corolla, Sentra, Lancer et al ay mga compact cars naman or otherwise classified as "econo" cars.

Tama na yang sense of exclusivity na yan...... sobra na tayo sa pagka-elitista. E ano kung pang-masa? At saka na tayong umastang elite kapag naka exotic car na tayo para "TOTOONG" elite na tayo.

Anyway, since sa Pilipinas naman ang gamit.... go with the RAV4.

BTW, my mileage in city driving is 9.01km/l and 10.71km/l in highways. This, from a 2.4L RT4WD CR-V.

8)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't know about the fuel consumption of the CR-V but my rav4 j series (2.0L, 4wd) consumes about 9.17 km/L. fuel is petron blaze and the oil is caltex havoline energy. route is NLEX & EDSA, from bulacan to ortigas and vice versa.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Severus|

Kanya-kanya lang yan... :mrgreen:
    FYI, the CR-V is a guzzler (only 6 km/li). And don't be misled by the anomaly that Honda engines have exceptional technology. Come to think of it, a Corolla or Lancer can go head-to-head with any Civic bar the SiR. Honda, according to brochures, have slightly more power, but only the test driver can tell the real difference, if any.

The reason why the RAV has a price near the Pajero is that it has higher tax (di ba mas hefty pag 4WD SUV?). Also, the new Pajero has been out in other countries for years; Mitsubishi may just be finishing their last stock of old models here before launching the new one (like what they did with the Lancer). Lastly, Toyota still wins in the long run (great reliability and abundance and affordability of parts).

For those people planning to buy AUVs, the Revo or Crosswind are still surer buys than the CR-V. The Honda simply adds a higher class appeal, but not as rocksteady and reliable in the long run as the Toyota and Isuzu.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Honda simply adds a higher class appeal, but not as rocksteady and reliable in the long run as the Toyota and Isuzu.

hmmm... what makes you so sure about that? do you have a first hand experience in driving one or at least owning one to give a long term report and conclusion? :roll:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Toyota RAV4 SV 4x2 or New Honda CR-V?