New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    hello forumers!!!

need help..we're planning to buy a mid size SUV..we're torn between these three..please help us decide..here's our preference in buying the car (not in particular order):

1.) Looks
    2.) Riding comfort and handling
    3.) fuel consumption
    4..) resale value in 5 years

One more thing, i like the looks (interior and exterior of subaru..wafu) but anong masasabi nyo sa sun roof..would it be a disadvantage? sabi kasi nila lumulutong daw after 3 years and it may cause leaks in the long run?

thanks a lot!!!:superman:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I like the RAV4.

1. average
    2. average
    3. top notch
    4. top notch

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    isama mo sa,list mo ang CX 7 panalo sa looks at feature

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I like the RAV4.

1. average
    2. average
    3. top notch
    4. top notch

my husband talked with a rav4 driver just this am and he told my hubby that it's only 6-7km/liter city driving and not 10-12km/liter that toyota claims is it's FC? Which is true?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    isama mo sa,list mo ang CX 7 panalo sa looks at feature
    yup, we both like the look (int/ext) of cx-7 and mazda is ok (we just had our flooded 1yr old limited edition mazda tribute which we have loved) but it won't fit through our gate, that's why we're left with these medium sized SUVs to choose from..besides, it's more pricey (without discounts as of this time yet)..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I think the CX7 is as big as the RAV4.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    the CX-7 (Width (mm) = 1871) is actually a bit wider than the Tribute (Width (mm) = 1825)

the sportier design and lower height of the CX-7 makes it look smaller. the height of the Tribute is much higher

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    here is a quick comparo of the dimensions of the CX-7 versus the RAV4 (current model)

CX-7
    Length (mm) 4674
    Width (mm) 1871
    Height (mm) 1646
    Wheelbase (mm) 2750

RAV4 (current model)
    Length (mm) 4625
    Width (mm) 1855
    Height (mm) 1720
    Wheelbase (mm) 2660

the CX-7 is wider and longer

EDIT: i did a quick comparo of the same dimensions above of the CX-7 versus the escape and forrester and again, the CX-7 is longer and wider than these two
    Last edited by 111prez; December 1st, 2009 at 03:47 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    111prez

thanks for the details..yup, it's really wide and long..actually when we still have our tribute, we only have some inches allowance on both sides of the gate, so we can't take the risk of always possibly scratching either sides of CX7 provided we choose to buy it...but we're also really amazed by its looks and features so to speak.

maybe we have to buy a new house with big gates for that

thanks again

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by superman2267 View Post
    111prez

thanks for the details..yup, it's really wide and long..actually when we still have our tribute, we only have some inches allowance on both sides of the gate, so we can't take the risk of always possibly scratching either sides of CX7 provided we choose to buy it...but we're also really amazed by its looks and features so to speak.

maybe we have to buy a new house with big gates for that

thanks again
    unahin mo ang bahay at lupa bro. nothing beats the security and value of real estate. yung kotse, depreciated kaagad yan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toyota rav4 4x2 or subaru forester 2.0x or ford escape xlt 4x2