New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    kailangan ko po ng advice niyo mga experts sa car... nag-hahanap ng sasakyan ang bayaw ko (2nd hand lang) bale ang pinag pipili-an niya ay crosswind at innova dieasel, diko po alam kong alin ang maganda sa dalawa di ba may problema ang dieasel ng inova?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by donski; April 19th, 2009 at 02:33 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Based sa mga thread dito, may problema ang diesel variant ng innova, di naman siguro lahat. Pero para less headache, get the crosswind na lang.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    kong crosswind ano pong magandang model?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sportivo kung kaya ng budget

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Kung may issue pa yung D4D ng innova, sa crosswind na lang ko.
    OT na...may ibang choices pa ba na multi purpose vehicle besides this two...na within price range?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Crosswind, if you can live without the power features etc etc, the XL model is good enough, otherwise go for the XT or XTI variants. Avoid the models with big tires (XUV, Sportivo) simply because the big tires is not really suited for the Crosswind.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    A lot of threads here have dedicated more than enough space over this argument. To summarize it for you:

-the Innova trumps the Crosswind in performance and riding comfort.

The main issue that plagues the Innova is the D4D engine. It may not be common occurrence but there is really a definite risk the injectors will corrode. Replacement of these is not cheap. To offset this problem, fill up at reputable gas stations with good storage capability. Seaoil have plans to introduce a Euro IV compliant diesel which will be a big boost to CRDI users.

The reason why the injectors will corrode in time is the relatively high water content of our diesel in the country. Avoid flood-prone stations.

Now, the old school 4JA1 that powered the Crosswind is immune to the problem of the diesel Innova precisely because it is a non-CRDI. It is a sturdy-built powerplant. Of course, at the expense of being noisy, clunky, and relatively slow with only 80 hp. But it is easy and cheaper to maintain ((eg. no timing belt)and with less electronic parts easy to fix at times of trouble.

Personally, if I will keep the vehicle long-term, say 10 years or more and will expect a usage probably more than a 100,000 kilometers, mostly provincial sorties, I will pick the Crosswind. The design appears timeless also.

One thing that can possibly turn off the buyer of Crosswind is the lack of safety features. And the limited availability of colors per variant.

Hope this help.
    Last edited by Gerbo; April 19th, 2009 at 10:19 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    since 2nd hand bibilhin, i'd go with the crosswind. yung mga bnew innovas pa lang yata ang solved na ang d4d issues. with the crosswind, you'd get a tough, easier and cheaper to maintain engine. maingay nga lang kase timing gear, pero you'll never worry about timing belts breaking. mga timing gears, inaadjust lang yun. and since non-crdi, confident ka na may marunong mag-ayos nyan kahit sa mga probinsya ka masiraan. crdi engines medyo komplikado pa at mahal ipaayos...

hth

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    innova is my choice

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think the Innova D4D problem is overblown. Everybody with CRDi systems has problems with the fuel quality here... it's just that there are more Toyota D4Ds out there, so the problem is more visible.

That said, if you're looking to keep the car for a long time, the Crosswind's engine does require much less maintenance. But be warned: you need to religiously follow maintenance schedules and you still have to avoid bad diesel to avoid repairs... I have had to repair a mechanical fuel pump system for an Isuzu that was damaged by water contamination... and keeping the valve system in good repair is a necessity to pass emissions regulations... even with the new particle filters.

(Then again... an overhaul of the mechanical fuel injector on the Crosswind costs much less than a full set of CRDi injectors... )

In terms of body integrity and the durability of other parts, I'd give it to the Innova. The Crosswind's body is soft, and the hinges come out of alignment easily. Interior trim is flimsy over the long run... not much worse than the Innova, though, as I've seen evidence of foam degradation on both over long-term usage. Both will need new shocks after 100,000 kms of hard use (or earlier). Transmission durability will depend on driving style and usage... I've heard of Crosswind ATs going under hard use... but then, if you actually care about fuel economy, you're getting the manual transmission.

Except for the higher cost of maintenance for the engine itself, the Innova is the much better car. It rides better, handles better, and is much safer. But if you're looking at mixed business/family use, the Crosswind is much more practical, as the load-capacity of the Innova, due to the big, clunky, third row seat, is very compromised.

Like ron says, stick with the XT and XTi models. The XUV models are a pain in the ass (from bitter experience)... the lower-end models ride much, much better.
    Last edited by niky; April 27th, 2009 at 04:39 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Crosswid vs inova (diesel)